+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlucky Cam Mac

Unlucky Cam Mac

Tha niver looked comfy tekin that pen lad in my opinion .

Fair play for having the ba@llax to step up but it's another play off failure for Pompey .

8 play off games , niver won one of em .

No problems with penalties for Bfc we never get one

Some big opponents next season Pompey, Ipswich and Mackems.

Correct Eths. IF we go darn I'm not sure, after the sale of our better players, next season in the Third Division will be a walk in the park. Perhaps Stendel's achievement will be recognised by our owners a liitle more than binning him off in 21 words with no thanks.

Football life summed up in one kick. McGeehan scores, they posssiby go onto Wembley and to the Championship with McGeehan a hero. He misses and faces the prospect of returning to Barnsley where the club didn't rate him.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 06-07-2020 at 08:08 PM.

I didn't rate him tonight, although it was an awful game.
    No football played, just long ball stuff.
    There wasn't one player that looked Championship quality.

Would he do a job for us in L1 next season? I think he is worth holding on to as we dont know who will be sold.

Mind you if Pompey make a bid, hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Correct Eths. IF we go darn I'm not sure, after the sale of our better players, next season in the Third Division will be a walk in the park. Perhaps Stendel's achievement will be recognised by our owners a liitle more than binning him off in 21 words with no thanks.

Football life summed up in one kick. McGeehan scores, they posssiby go onto Wembley and to the Championship with McGeehan a hero. He misses and faces the prospect of returning to Barnsley where the club didn't rate him.
    We'd some big lads in Stendel's promotion team , every fans forum I had a read at last season after we'd played em all said the same .

It's like playing against a team of giants , they bully you and are physically on another level .

Looking at this group I don't see that , team of midgets .

Worrying .

I think we all liked Stendel SB particularly his enthusiasm and appreciation of the town and its people.

Did we ever get a full account of events surrounding his departure and the 21 word statement? I know there was a statement or rumour suggesting he had talked to another club, dont remember which one, but no explanation of the owners view on the matter.

Seems to me he built a team that could adopt different playing styles, lumping up to Keiffer or playing nice football whilst mixing it if needed. He had good options. I dont think this squad is as good as our promotion one and thats without the summer departures.

As stated.... worrrying.

I remember all the Boris-style bluff and bluster from Hoss when Stendel went to Hearts over the claimed compensation the owners were "entitled" to receiving and the 21 word statement Spud claimed was for "legal reasons".
    The club put out the story that Stendel had approached another club but none was specified or emerged later as factually correct despite plenty of rumours.
    It's odd that not a word has been said about the affair since by the club. The kind of character Hoss seems to be I'm sure he couldn't have resisted telling the world he was correct all along.

Water under the bridge. It's Struber's boys now.

Mucky water though SB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast