+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Nelson's statue defaced, when will this all stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Well this is a start for at least thinking that BLM have very rich "supporters":

https://populardemocracy.org/news-an...lives-matter-0

I've noticed John that you seldom post on Millers topics but appear, like a magic genie, if someone posts about race issues, or in support of the UK Govt.

The thing is you seem to just jump straight down peoples throat without thinking it through. You were wrong about the Ronney Rule. You were wrong about the plan to build our way out of the post covid recession. And you're on very thin ice when it comes to sticking up for the BLM organisation (which has a despicable and frightening set of aims).

It really is so simple and shouldn't be hard to understand: ALL LIVES MATTER. RACISM IN ANY FORM (either way) IS WRONG.
    Grumpy, you've just posted a number of misconceptions about me.

Of course I agree all lives matter and all racism is wrong.

My comments here on the BLM organisation (as opposed to the movement) have been critical.

God knows what you're on about with the recession stuff.

The fact you think my simple question here constitutes "jumping down people's throat" says a lot about your insecurity. I have done no such thing. I have asked a perfectly reasonable question.

You have posted a link which contains hearsay from an unverified source. The link you have shared doesn't even appear to have a date for the article?

What level of journalism/proof do you think this constitutes?

People seem to think peddling unverified conspiracies on the internet from dodgy sources counts of evidence. It doesn't.

Paul Warne is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    How many leftwing Marxist organisations are funded by billionaires and businessmen?

BLM is.

Join up the dots.

Divide and rule.
    I think it's to avoid any real real change at the top, the richest and most powerful stay that way. Downsizing middle-aged white men and bringing in more "diversity" lower down doesn't really affect them.

Well this is a start for at least thinking that BLM have very rich "supporters":

https://populardemocracy.org/news-an...lives-matter-0

I've noticed John that you seldom post on Millers topics but appear, like a magic genie, if someone posts about race issues, or in support of the UK Govt.

The thing is you seem to just jump straight down peoples throat without thinking it through. You were wrong about the Ronney Rule. You were wrong about the plan to build our way out of the post covid recession. And you're on very thin ice when it comes to sticking up for the BLM organisation (which has a despicable and frightening set of aims).

It really is so simple and shouldn't be hard to understand: ALL LIVES MATTER. RACISM IN ANY FORM (either way) IS WRONG.
    John posts on matters where he can cut and paste somebody else's wisdom

He also has lots of interesting friends, if it was a topic about NASA then John would have a friend in mission control.

Contributions to be taken with a big pinch, no sack, of salt

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    What is your source to suggest BLM is funded by billionaires? Which billionaires?

I won't hold my breath.
    The Ford Foundation have given them $100 million.

Open Foundation not much less than that.

Colin Kaepernick has been given millions by Nike and now Disney.

A storm is indeed brewing. See the link below and ask yourself whether this a world in which you want to live:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/w...-a4490211.html
    BBC only took it off Twitter because it got "out-ratioed", which means it got more tweets criticising it than likes or retweets.

Which is unusual because "cancel culture" comes from Twitter which has a very number of hateful far-left snowflakes who are offended by everything. Even the very left-wing recent Hamiliton musical is now "problematic" and the creator has had to apologise.

Twitter has been a cancer on society IMO, we're rapidly heading towards authoritarianism because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    BBC only took it off Twitter because it got "out-ratioed", which means it got more tweets criticising it than likes or retweets.

Which is unusual because "cancel culture" comes from Twitter which has a very number of hateful far-left snowflakes who are offended by everything. Even the very left-wing recent Hamiliton musical is now "problematic" and the creator has had to apologise.

Twitter has been a cancer on society IMO, we're rapidly heading towards authoritarianism because of it.
    We used to have a society where the adage was "if you don't have something nice to say about someone, best say nothing at all". You only have to read MM to realise those days are long gone and as for Twitter, Facebook...etc

When Twitter first started I read an article by the chief of luvvies Steven Fry.

He reckoned it was a brilliant platform on social media.

I should have twigged it there and then what a disaster it would be if he liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    When Twitter first started I read an article by the chief of luvvies Steven Fry.

He reckoned it was a brilliant platform on social media.

I should have twigged it there and then what a disaster it would be if he liked it.
    It's totally toxic.

And you can never be Woke enough.

Left-wing radio host James O' Brien said that "cancel culture" didn't exist the other day only to find himself almost cancelled himself (led by other left-wing numpty Owen Jones) for over a comment he made about trans women sharing toilets. He very swiftly agreed to be re-educated on the subject to avoid that non-existent cancellation.

This must be very much what Communist regimes used to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We used to have a society where the adage was "if you don't have something nice to say about someone, best say nothing at all". You only have to read MM to realise those days are long gone and as for Twitter, Facebook...etc
    Years ago we didnt have platforms like MM to air our views publicly. Your comment was only heard by your family or the bloke youre boozing with down the pub.

People may have been airing their views but no one really knew.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Years ago we didnt have platforms like MM to air our views publicly. Your comment was only heard by your family or the bloke youre boozing with down the pub.

People may have been airing their views but no one really knew.
    True, but down the pub some of the insults traded on here would have earned a flat nose

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast