+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v West Ham Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post

Not sure about his family, but he once got in a punch up in the Emporium
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...victim-7161079
    I remember that, but I'd forgotten it was Moyes, if you'd have asked me I'd have said it was Fergie.

More evidence that journalists are about as trustworthy as politicians.

"After the alleged attack, he made his way home by train to Ribchester, around six miles away, but was later taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital."

No he didn't, the train out of Clitheroe doesn't go within five miles of Ribchester.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Nick Popes legs are amazingly long .. They don't half stop some shots .lol
    believe it was directly at him Alf - So had no need to move....thing for me was, if he directed the ball toward our players...deliberately - it looked like it, leaned back to soften it and angled so - to send it high toward Bardsley's head for the sweet return - If so, Classy !

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If they did a table for offside goals, I think Chris might be top of it.
    He really does not look across the line does he? When Bardsley got the ball he simply needed to step back a foot and it was a simple tap in GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    David Moyes is probably a better manager than he is given credit for. Successful spells at PNE and then Everton were followed by a soured dream for the Chosen One at Manchester United and then nightmares in Spain and with Sunderland. He has somewhat resurrected his reputation with his two spells at West Ham. He is from all appearances a very likeable person but I really do not like West Ham particularly with their current owners so I am hoping DM has nothing to be joyful about in his post match interview this evening.
    So glad he had nothing joyful but only a whinge about a red card that was clearly not a red card.

I have just been watching Sky Sports and they said that, in the last calendar year, Burnley have the second best record, behind Liverpool.

Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I have just been watching Sky Sports and they said that, in the last calendar year, Burnley have the second best record, behind Liverpool.

Incredible!
    It's not really 59er, the squad is rammed full of internationals. Pieters being a case in point, you don't get full caps for Holland if you can't properly play professional football!

Attachment 16280

I think they must have meant "In this year". Otherwise we would be second in the league now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I think they must have meant "In this year". Otherwise we would be second in the league now.
    Yes, it is this calendar year, however, strangely enough, if you take the year of 2019 and collate our results our record is:-

P38 Won 14 Draw 7 Lost 17 For 47 Against 61 Points 49 ----we have the same number of wins, draws and points as we have at the moment but we still have 4 matches to play this season.

Calendar year of 2018 was not a good year P37 W9 D8 L 20 F37 A63 Pts 35
    2017 was P 40 W 13 D 12 L 15 F 36 A 43 Pts 51

2020 so far is P14 W 7 D 4 L 3 F 15 A 14 Pts 25.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's not really 59er, the squad is rammed full of internationals. Pieters being a case in point, you don't get full caps for Holland if you can't properly play professional football!

Attachment 16280
    Given that his natural position is left back with the ability to play as a centre back he has been getting very good reviews for his performances on the left of the Burnley midfield. Well done Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Given that his natural position is left back with the ability to play as a centre back he has been getting very good reviews for his performances on the left of the Burnley midfield. Well done Erik.
    He has actually been playing on the RIGHT side of midfield with Brownhill deployed in the middle.

McNeil has been playing all over the pitch and in a good way. Once he realises he has the ability to go a further five yards running towards the opposition goal with the ball and then unleash - he will be unplayable!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)