+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v West Ham Match Preview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Burnley v West Ham Match Preview

Cast your mind back to last November when Covid 19 was a nightmare yet to come. We trounced the Hammers at Turf Moor 3-0 thanks largely to a nightmare performance by their goalkeeper Roberto. Has he been heard of since? We should not expect such an easy ride on our return trip to the London Stadium tomorrow. The Iron have picked up a much needed home win over Chelsea and followed this up with a creditable draw away at Newcastle. Five goals scored but four conceded in those two games tells its own story. I fully expect David Moyes to steer the Hammers to safety this season but their fragile defence will still concern him. Goal threats they do have with Antonio Bowen and Yarmolenko up front with the added menace of Lanzini and Tomas Soucek. The Clarets will be without skipper Ben Mee for the rest of the season so presumably Long will continue to deputise alongside Tarkowski. A point from our trip to London will be welcome but most Clarets will be looking now to see when the transfer window opens. Who will we be signing and perhaps more worryingly who will be leaving?

Draw written all over it. Wood will score so 1-1, I reckon?

Attachment 16263

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Draw written all over it. Wood will score so 1-1, I reckon?
    He'll have to survive the VAR check for offside first, and I don't trust them buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He'll have to survive the VAR check for offside first, and I don't trust them buggers.
    If they did a table for offside goals, I think Chris might be top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If they did a table for offside goals, I think Chris might be top of it.
    He really does not look across the line does he? When Bardsley got the ball he simply needed to step back a foot and it was a simple tap in GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!

I reckon 1-2.

With a rapier like thrust from Wood and a daisy cutter from JRod.

We haven't had a daisy cutter since the 60's, they seem to have gone out of fashion. Nowadays we have to rely on stinging drives, bullet headers and close range efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I reckon 1-2.

With a rapier like thrust from Wood and a daisy cutter from JRod.

We haven't had a daisy cutter since the 60's, they seem to have gone out of fashion. Nowadays we have to rely on stinging drives, bullet headers and close range efforts.
    Your crystal ball just needs a wipe 59-60. Jay Rod’s daisycutter header off the bar proved the only goal as Chris Wood’s neat finish was foiled yet again by VAR. I am very very happy as we wrap up another win and another clean sheet. Gareth Southgate you are looking at the best England goalkeepers with Nick Pope and Dean Henderson. The stats do not lie.

They'll be fighting. I think they'll win 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post
    They'll be fighting. I think they'll win 1-0.
    Who?

Who?
    The team in claret and blue. The team playing the west ham way!

Sinkov might know this, but I think his family gaff is down Clitheroe way?
    Not sure about his family, but he once got in a punch up in the Emporium
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...victim-7161079

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)