+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v West Ham Match Preview

Burnley v West Ham Match Preview

Cast your mind back to last November when Covid 19 was a nightmare yet to come. We trounced the Hammers at Turf Moor 3-0 thanks largely to a nightmare performance by their goalkeeper Roberto. Has he been heard of since? We should not expect such an easy ride on our return trip to the London Stadium tomorrow. The Iron have picked up a much needed home win over Chelsea and followed this up with a creditable draw away at Newcastle. Five goals scored but four conceded in those two games tells its own story. I fully expect David Moyes to steer the Hammers to safety this season but their fragile defence will still concern him. Goal threats they do have with Antonio Bowen and Yarmolenko up front with the added menace of Lanzini and Tomas Soucek. The Clarets will be without skipper Ben Mee for the rest of the season so presumably Long will continue to deputise alongside Tarkowski. A point from our trip to London will be welcome but most Clarets will be looking now to see when the transfer window opens. Who will we be signing and perhaps more worryingly who will be leaving?

Draw written all over it. Wood will score so 1-1, I reckon?

Attachment 16263

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Draw written all over it. Wood will score so 1-1, I reckon?
    He'll have to survive the VAR check for offside first, and I don't trust them buggers.

I reckon 1-2.

With a rapier like thrust from Wood and a daisy cutter from JRod.

We haven't had a daisy cutter since the 60's, they seem to have gone out of fashion. Nowadays we have to rely on stinging drives, bullet headers and close range efforts.

They'll be fighting. I think they'll win 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post
    They'll be fighting. I think they'll win 1-0.
    Who?

Them!

All the pressure is on the Hammers ,the longer we can keep them goalless the more thy will panic. Then again it could b a game to far for us..3-1 to the Hammers

David Moyes is probably a better manager than he is given credit for. Successful spells at PNE and then Everton were followed by a soured dream for the Chosen One at Manchester United and then nightmares in Spain and with Sunderland. He has somewhat resurrected his reputation with his two spells at West Ham. He is from all appearances a very likeable person but I really do not like West Ham particularly with their current owners so I am hoping DM has nothing to be joyful about in his post match interview this evening.

Sinkov might know this, but I think his family gaff is down Clitheroe way?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)