+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal cost forum fund

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Exactly what should happen.
    Nah kick the *******s out instead, **** Hearts again!!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i have zero faith in the SFA
    Neither do I. The only way I believe the SFA will exert that kind of pressure would be if the ‘giants of Scottish fitba’ were to flex their muscles then the SFA would move heaven and earth to sort the problem.

Should the decision go our way, but compensation was awarded to the two maggot clubs, the only conceivable way to pay the compo would be from the coffers which fund all the clubs, wait and see the holy hell of an outcry then!

I can understand our position,we have been dragged through a hedge twice by Hearts even though our only 'crime' was to run away with the Championship.
    If they fail to keep us down but were awarded a massive compensation payment it will cost all the other 40 clubs a big slice of next season's prize money so we are all involved in this.
    Its got to be said though that i am a wee bit uncomfortable with our club asking for financial help from other club's when Raith Rovers are saying they could go bust trying to fight Chucky and her club.
    As Terence has pointed out we are very fortunate to have a millionaire owner and if i were in his shoes i would be livid with Hearts and be prepared to throw in any amount it takes to beat them,i am all for helping out but in this scenario i would rather back Raith Rovers to keep them in the game than my own club.
    I hope posters can understand where i am coming from with this,i may well still be making a donation to fight Chucky but remember her words about not wanting to hurt any other club but Raith may go to the wall because she is like a rabid dog with a bone,FACT.

Totally F**K*D OFF by the attitude o that witch doon tynecastle way
    30 point deduction for Her Maroon minging minks fae SFA and re-inbursement of our legal fee's
    Once this fundingbucket things oot i'll put in some dosh
    We are United PTBAA

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Totally F**K*D OFF by the attitude o that witch doon tynecastle way
    30 point deduction for Her Maroon minging minks fae SFA and re-inbursement of our legal fee's
    Once this fundingbucket things oot i'll put in some dosh
    We are United PTBAA
    Loving your avatar mate,let that doag loose on Chucky's ankles

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I can understand our position,we have been dragged through a hedge twice by Hearts even though our only 'crime' was to run away with the Championship.
    If they fail to keep us down but were awarded a massive compensation payment it will cost all the other 40 clubs a big slice of next season's prize money so we are all involved in this.
    Its got to be said though that i am a wee bit uncomfortable with our club asking for financial help from other club's when Raith Rovers are saying they could go bust trying to fight Chucky and her club.
    As Terence has pointed out we are very fortunate to have a millionaire owner and if i were in his shoes i would be livid with Hearts and be prepared to throw in any amount it takes to beat them,i am all for helping out but in this scenario i would rather back Raith Rovers to keep them in the game than my own club.
    I hope posters can understand where i am coming from with this,i may well still be making a donation to fight Chucky but remember her words about not wanting to hurt any other club but Raith may go to the wall because she is like a rabid dog with a bone,FACT.
    Thing is, it's a joint statement between the three clubs. Every statement so far has been a joint statement and this one's no different. It's not solely Utd asking for money but Utd, Raith & Cove. We've been in this together from day one. Who's to say our owner hasn't said to his Raith & Cove counterparts that he's willing to cover our cost and give them the full fund amount? Maybe not, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Thing is, it's a joint statement between the three clubs. Every statement so far has been a joint statement and this one's no different. It's not solely Utd asking for money but Utd, Raith & Cove. We've been in this together from day one. Who's to say our owner hasn't said to his Raith & Cove counterparts that he's willing to cover our cost and give them the full fund amount? Maybe not, but you never know.
    I would rather the other two clubs had pleaded poverty mate,mind you so was Chucky but all of a sudden she shook the Edinburgh money tree and QC's were hired,a new manager appointed and a Scotland goalkeeper was offered more money to sign than Celtic were willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He should come out and say that then. I think the crowd funding should be for Raith and Cove, it's embarrassing otherwise.

I think the crowdfunding is more symbolic more than anything else rather than financial (particularly when it comes us). Sends out a message that it’s basically the rest of Scottish Football (well OK apart from The Rangers) v Bride Of Chucky and Thistle. Also, I think it’s actually a good idea from a PR perspective to be highlighting financial difficulties ahead of all this, as opposed to Hearts who are pleading poverty and wanting £8m quid while perversely spunking cash on RN, Craig Gordon at the same time as slashing wages across the Club. I wouldn’t say that looks very good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    He should come out and say that then. I think the crowd funding should be for Raith and Cove, it's embarrassing otherwise.
    I don't think it is. It's showing a solidarity, which has been the case from the word go. Utd have a far bigger fan base than Raith & Cove, therefore in all likelihood will raise far more for the cause of all three teams. Could Raith & Cove earn £100K between them. I doubt it. With Utd on board, it's highly likely.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)