+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Care Homes.

That would be good animal, a politician that tells the truth. Do you know one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Certainly not this tw*t, how low have we sunk when Johnson is PM, if it wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny.

I absolutely understand why he was voted in. Brexit needed sorting and they was the only ones with a plan. But since then he has shown himself to not be up to it. He bumbles and stutters through his addresses, is very mis informed and seems to avoid any question that he cannot deal with. He doesn't go to any Cobra meetings and says he doesn't believe in gestures but clapped for the NHS and front line staff every Thursday.
    He has shown how inept he is over and over again and even most of his cabinet seem miffed by him. Raab, Gove or Rishi would be much more suitable leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Not too many stovic and that's covering all sides of the political divide .

Getting to the point now where it's almost acceptable , expected even .

As George Orwell said

In a time of deceit telling the truth will be a revolutionary act .

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I absolutely understand why he was voted in. Brexit needed sorting and they was the only ones with a plan. But since then he has shown himself to not be up to it. He bumbles and stutters through his addresses, is very mis informed and seems to avoid any question that he cannot deal with. He doesn't go to any Cobra meetings and says he doesn't believe in gestures but clapped for the NHS and front line staff every Thursday.
    He has shown how inept he is over and over again and even most of his cabinet seem miffed by him. Raab, Gove or Rishi would be much more suitable leaders.
    His actually plan turned out to be obtaining a worse deal than he voted down under May's leadership .

He's a cunning bugger I'll give him that and it would be a huge mistake to underestimate him and his odious side kick .

I'll give you an example , there's talk of appointing a Press Secretary similar to the one Trump has in Kayleigh McEnamy , this is basically the front of house lying machine but it's her who takes the majority of hits off the media at press conferences and not Trump .

Johnson is terrible when the pressures on and he's getting pelters , look how he performs at PMQ's when Starmer is nailing him to the floor , he goes to pieces and it's just bluster , lies and question avoidance which finds him out .

Solution get someone else to do it although he's stuck facing Starmer every week at PMQ's .

Even that won't be too bad though once parliament is up and running and back to normal because the Tories will then revert to the old trick of drowning out Starmer , heckling him and what have you .

As I say you underestimate Johnson at your peril .

Care Home = A business

Probably most have a break even point of 80% occupancy, below that they are going bust.

The NHS prepared the ground for a major influx of focused patients including building temporary hospitals. It made sense to try to get empty beds.

Unfortunately apart from a lack of testing the elderly patients got sent to private care homes where the management staff hadn't invested in enough PPE, isolation measures and trained staff. Even though it was their responsibility to do so.

I have an elderly relative in a care home where three of the regular carers can't speak English, which is actually an improvement on the one she was in before that which seemed to have a motto of " do it on the cheap"

Easy to blame Boris and co but essentially Care Homes are factories where the patients are raw materials

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Care Home = A business

Probably most have a break even point of 80% occupancy, below that they are going bust.

The NHS prepared the ground for a major influx of focused patients including building temporary hospitals. It made sense to try to get empty beds.

Unfortunately apart from a lack of testing the elderly patients got sent to private care homes where the management staff hadn't invested in enough PPE, isolation measures and trained staff. Even though it was their responsibility to do so.

I have an elderly relative in a care home where three of the regular carers can't speak English, which is actually an improvement on the one she was in before that which seemed to have a motto of " do it on the cheap"

Easy to blame Boris and co but essentially Care Homes are factories where the patients are raw materials
    Another one who doesn't expect a leader to lead
    & that's what we've come to but if Cressida Dick fails to lead Grist would have her replaced [which she should be btw]
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 07-07-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Another one who doesn't expect a leader to lead
    & that's what we've come to
    I think that record is stuck, give it a nudge

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think that record is stuck, give it a nudge
    It'll be stuck a lot longer I think you'll find

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not too many stovic and that's covering all sides of the political divide .

Getting to the point now where it's almost acceptable , expected even .

As George Orwell said

In a time of deceit telling the truth will be a revolutionary act .
    "The fact that so many successful politicians are such shameless liars is not only a reflection on them, it is also a reflection on us. When the people want the impossible, only liars can satisfy."

Thomas Sowell

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast