+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT Care Homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    It'll be stuck a lot longer I think you'll find
    I gathered that

But I have to apologise, it was my fault for making a comment about care homes ( the thread title mislead me) I didn't realise it was about Boris's leadership skills

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Care Home = A business

Probably most have a break even point of 80% occupancy, below that they are going bust.

The NHS prepared the ground for a major influx of focused patients including building temporary hospitals. It made sense to try to get empty beds.

Unfortunately apart from a lack of testing the elderly patients got sent to private care homes where the management staff hadn't invested in enough PPE, isolation measures and trained staff. Even though it was their responsibility to do so.

I have an elderly relative in a care home where three of the regular carers can't speak English, which is actually an improvement on the one she was in before that which seemed to have a motto of " do it on the cheap"

Easy to blame Boris and co but essentially Care Homes are factories where the patients are raw materials
    So when he said in March that a protective ring would be thrown around care homes he was just saying words?

When he said in April that no one could leave a hospital and go to a care home without a test he was mucking about?

When the Turkish PPE arrived for the NHS that had to be sent back for being substandard should he have given it to care homes?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    So when he said in March that a protective ring would be thrown around care homes he was just saying words?

When he said in April that no one could leave a hospital and go to a care home without a test he was mucking about?

When the Turkish PPE arrived for the NHS that had to be sent back for being substandard should he have given it to care homes?
    Shame on you ST thinking that Johnson's leadership [or should I say lack of it] has anything at all to do with Care homes & care for the elderly as they are totally unrelated especially when things go wrong
    Whack a Mole is about his level

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "The fact that so many successful politicians are such shameless liars is not only a reflection on them, it is also a reflection on us. When the people want the impossible, only liars can satisfy."

Thomas Sowell
    You'd be amazed how many actually think Johnson's antics are an endearing personality trait Fire .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You'd be amazed how many actually think Johnson's antics are an endearing personality trait Fire .
    I don't think he would be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Boris and Alexander are 2 different people. He’s been observed ruffling up his hair and morphing into Boris just before cameras roll. All his family and friends call him Alexander and he is much quieter and sensible around them.

Like a posh sequel to Fight Club.

Care Homes

Sherlock's woke brother

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Care Homes

Sherlock's woke brother
    You’ve spelt that wrong. You should’ve used the spellcheck on Mycroft Word.

Just seen some of these care homes charge £1400/ week for care.

Someone called a radio station the other day to say the owner turns up in a helicopter to the care home she works for, and he’s didn’t order PPE even before the shortage as he likes his money too much.

Need more control over the care sector, it seems Boris was right after all

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Just seen some of these care homes charge £1400/ week for care.

Someone called a radio station the other day to say the owner turns up in a helicopter to the care home she works for, and he’s didn’t order PPE even before the shortage as he likes his money too much.

Need more control over the care sector, it seems Boris was right after all
    We need more control over Johnson,the bloke is a liability,hopefully the idiot will talk himself out of a job.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast