+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the one player you’d like to see warne sign permanently?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Says Robinson left back they could have sold him in Jan' for £6 Million now if they are relegated they'll accept 1/4 of that for him so Morsey won't be worth more than £500,000 if Wigan are in league 1 next season.
    Your probably right but I’m only using the site as a guide to stop people naming players like messi for 500k

Have a look and see if you can find one within that

Only reason Iv not flagged barlaser is the site has no value on him so it’s 0 by default

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Your probably right but I’m only using the site as a guide to stop people naming players like messi for 500k

Have a look and see if you can find one within that

Only reason Iv not flagged barlaser is the site has no value on him so it’s 0 by default
    In other words the site is pointless - I doubt Daniel's agent would be very impressed if we approached Newcastle to say a website says he is worth nothing so we will give you a bag of footballs.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Says Robinson left back they could have sold him in Jan' for £6 Million now if they are relegated they'll accept 1/4 of that for him so Morsey won't be worth more than £500,000 if Wigan are in league 1 next season.
    On a right wedge at Wigan , had him on loan when we were in the Championship under Hecky .

All set to sign after a successful two months until it came to the wages , never saw the bugga again .

Unless players are prepared to drop their expectations salay wise it's going to be difficult , that's the reality .

Which is why we both get relegated every single time we are at this level .

Players wanting 15k a week minimum and a three year deal , 60k a month x 36 for a steady at best championship midfield player .

TS ain't going to pay it and he's right not to as frustrating as it is .

TS thinks how am I going to pay that kind of money if we are relegated .

Unless this pandemic causes a major reset in players wage demands and Rotherham can cut through that then fair enough .

Nobody knows what's coming down the road with this thing which makes owners nervous and when owners get nervous they keep their hands in their pockets or they should do .

When you kick off next season in the Championship you may want to be thankful just for that because many clubs aren't even going to be around at all .

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    In other words the site is pointless - I doubt Daniel's agent would be very impressed if we approached Newcastle to say a website says he is worth nothing so we will give you a bag of footballs.
    It’s a unfortunate loophole I admit but let’s face it nothing we say will probably come to fruition so it’s just a bit of harmless fun at this point to get away from topics like white lives don’t matter

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    It’s a unfortunate loophole I admit but let’s face it nothing we say will probably come to fruition so it’s just a bit of harmless fun at this point to get away from topics like white lives don’t matter
    Fair enough.

John Marquis.

You've got to look at players through the eyes of the 4 to 8k a week bracket and with a relegation wage clause put in at that , the 8k would be available for a couple of players max .

That's the way to look things , who is better than we've got that we can realistically attract on those kind of wage demands .

League one , league two , Scotland minus Celtic and Rangers and the lesser a lights around Europe and the loan market .

That's your realistic marketplace .

It's unlikely to be plug and play championship players with all due respect .

Fair enough.

John Marquis.
    Not good enough for the Championship , if he was he'd be there already .

The lad Callum Morton from WBA on loan who was at Northampton last season and was a standout in the play offs .

WBA may want him to go out on loan in the Championship as part of his development next season .

Cracking young forward , works his nuts off and a real threat and presence .

All day long .

Fair enough.

John Marquis.
    Really? He’s not had a good year. I don’t think he would do any better in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

The lad Callum Morton from WBA on loan who was at Northampton last season and was a standout in the play offs .

WBA may want him to go out on loan in the Championship as part of his development next season .

Cracking young forward , works his nuts off and a real threat and presence .

All day long .
    Thought same myself, looked impressive (like a Ginger version of Smudge) Who knows WBA might feel like helping us out after we gifted them Semi

So basically it's which League 1 players would do OK in the Championship?

Unfortunately the truth is, almost none of them, look at Barnsley and Luton Town.

Going to be very difficult to avoid the drop as per usual.

And even if we do stay up, the likelihood is that Warne will be off to another club.
    Last edited by great_fire; 08-07-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast