+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season start?

Cup replays will be the first thing to go I suspect, and the shinywindowsleasingapaintpit.com trophy only makes money if the Under 23s from the Prem are let in so not a loss for one season.

So who is the pre-season game with. i haven't seen anything.

So the government that as it stands the public will be allowed back into football grounds in October, which suggests that the football season will start 12th September but the first couple of games will be played behind closed doors. Obviously with this government misinformation combined with the misinformation from government advisers, then that October date may get put back but the EFL are now going to have to make some decisions.

Just an idea why don t the EFL use the period where crowds are not allowed to play the EFL Trophy the Leasing.com trophy with the Premier League U21's.
    It hardly attracts crowds anyway and could be used as a good way for teams to get match fit.
    The real season could then start in October when crowds are allowed in according to the latest government update.
    The bad thing would be to miss out on the revenue that Sunderland and the likes would bring if such games are played behind closed doors.
    They could have a festival of football for Leasing.com

That seems quite a reasonable idea. But only the early stages.

To answer my own question earlier..Kidsgrove!

Was informed by a contact at the club that they expect the season to start on 12th September and are gearing up for that date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12