+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luton Town v Barnsley Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    8 if you count Tunnicliffe Hodge!
    1-0 down and Lee's hit the post not looking good!!
    safe to say the ref bottled the GK decision - by brandishing a yellow card to the GK in that scenario - players coming around Mowatt or not - how have Luton been penalised for bringing down a player with an open goal?? A yellow card and a free kick from 20 yards - hardly disincentivizes a GK from cynically bringing someone down in that situation. The only fair course of action was to send the GK off!!

Going to be one of those nights isn't it ?

Had our chances and by far the better team but just lacking that composure .

45 minutes to stay alive in the Championship , it is really down to that .

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    safe to say the ref bottled the GK decision - by brandishing a yellow card to the GK in that scenario - players coming around Mowatt or not - how have Luton been penalised for bringing down a player with an open goal?? A yellow card and a free kick from 20 yards - hardly disincentivizes a GK from cynically bringing someone down in that situation. The only fair course of action was to send the GK off!!
    A red card all day long , no penalty mind but it's definitely a red .

As you say ref bottled it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A red card all day long , no penalty mind but it's definitely a red .

As you say ref bottled it .
    and thats with no crowd present - we're getting nowt from him!!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    and thats with no crowd present - we're getting nowt from him!!
    and that yellow card was deemed as the same scenario to that of mowatt in the first half!!! The mind boggles!!

To be fair i'm at work watching the text on BBC sport so can't comment, however how long will it take Struber to realise he needs to bring on Styles so he can push us forward more?

i'm beginning to think referees have some directive to be up the arse of players near the ball - it seems to be happening more this season than ever before!!

Yessssssss Come on hell for leather now for a winner!

Ineffective. Poor. No threat, just not enough. Bad state of affairs when Halme has to operate as a striker.
    Shows just where we are.
    Brown poor.
    Woodrow poor.
    Ritzmair poor
    Struber poor, too late subs.

Just poor.

Neither team deserve to stay in this division, we are only still in it as there are 5 cr@p teams like us.
    Last edited by Jules88; 07-07-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Look I can't fault these young lads for spirit , effort and endeavor but the truth is they aren't good enough for this level .

Every team bar us would have beaten Luton this evening , many quite easily , some possibly not so easily but they would have eventually got the job done .

I'm 50 - 50 on Struber , got as much out of this group as is possible I reckon but there's question marks over his team selection for me and I have to mark him down on that .

Styles has to be in before Ritzmaier and Bahre all day long against any given opposition .

Woodrow may as well feck off for me now for all he's contributed since the restart .

Special mention for Alex Mowatt , a real captain and such a likeable attitude , doesn't always have the best of games but he never hides , never shirks and is always trying to create something .

Player of the season by a mile in my opinion .

We ain't staying up , it's over .

We know why that is but it ain't the fault of this young group .

Given it all they have and at the end of the day that's all anybody can do .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast