+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luton Town v Barnsley Match Thread

A better game than I anticipated given the pressure.Could have gone either way

Clear to see why both teams are bottom.

Struber's Boys move on. Pity about the run in.

Tomorra Millwall-v-Boro 3pm
    Bristol City-v-Hull 6pm
    Wigan-v-QPR 6pm

Test Cricket England-v-West Indies

Rishi Sunak to bring Jobs,Jobs,Jobs--these three word slogans are gerrin silly, #Profit Before Ambition
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-07-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    i'm beginning to think referees have some directive to be up the arse of players near the ball - it seems to be happening more this season than ever before!!
    Well that's where they belong isn't it sh×t the lot of them

Soccer Special , reporter thought we were by far the better side , Woodrow unlucky on 3 occasions , Ritzmaier having a good game and put some great crosses into the box , desperate defending along with plenty of luck , kept Luton in the game 4 more wins that's all we need ! And I wouldn't back against us doing that !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Soccer Special , reporter thought we were by far the better side , Woodrow unlucky on 3 occasions , Ritzmaier having a good game and put some great crosses into the box , desperate defending along with plenty of luck , kept Luton in the game 4 more wins that's all we need ! And I wouldn't back against us doing that !!
    People see games in a different way , always have and always will .

Personally I saw a lack of composure in critical areas of the field and poor decision making running through the majority of the team with only Mowatt and young Styles when he came on the exception .

It's the nuts n bolts of the game that finds this young group out and that's simply down to the fact they are still learning the game and have much to learn to boot .

Knocking the ball off first time and losing possession instead of holding it for instance .

Rushing the pass , forcing it instead of showing patience was evident tonight , I call them Hollywood balls with about a 10% chance of it coming off .

Actually technically and ability wise they aint bad but it's the know how that's sadly lacking , they make the game harder for themselves than it actually is because of the decisions they make and the lack of composure .

There's extremely fine margins at this level but that's the difference between staying up and going down I'm afraid .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    People see games in a different way , always have and always will .

Personally I saw a lack of composure in critical areas of the field and poor decision making running through the majority of the team with only Mowatt and young Styles when he came on the exception .

It's the nuts n bolts of the game that finds this young group out and that's simply down to the fact they are still learning the game and have much to learn to boot .

Knocking the ball off first time and losing possession instead of holding it for instance .

Rushing the pass , forcing it instead of showing patience was evident tonight , I call them Hollywood balls with about a 10% chance of it coming off .

Actually technically and ability wise they aint bad but it's the know how that's sadly lacking , they make the game harder for themselves than it actually is because of the decisions they make and the lack of composure .

There's extremely fine margins at this level but that's the difference between staying up and going down I'm afraid .
    Very well summed up. It's like when tha young and first gets into bed wi a woman (or man if tha that way inclined), thaz got energy and endeavour to gu on all neet fumbling abart but if tha dunt know which buttons to press then thy ain't getting a satisfactory result

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Very well summed up. It's like when tha young and first gets into bed wi a woman (or man if tha that way inclined), thaz got energy and endeavour to gu on all neet fumbling abart but if tha dunt know which buttons to press then thy ain't getting a satisfactory result
    Lol

An interesting analogy Pass and a good one .

The best form of course is the early months at your new club , there's barely a night or even a time of day off limits when you don't hit the onion bag .

Then you sign the long term contract ..... ??

Ill sey nur moor .

I must admit I'd have liked to see Cauley up front tonight , missed a trick for me Struber .

Woodrow doesn't like the role he's asked to play and it shows .

He's a goal scorer and a pretty decent one at that and we needed goals and the win .

Big feck up that for me because Styles can do the Cauley role all day long .

Massive trick missed in my opinion .

Struber OUT there's too much favouritism it's his job to pick the best players to get results, I know everyone's got their own opinion of who they'd play but playing players out of position and his favourites who'd tow in lg 1 just isn't good enough and makes it even harder. Welcome back to the pub lg

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Struber OUT there's too much favouritism it's his job to pick the best players to get results, I know everyone's got their own opinion of who they'd play but playing players out of position and his favourites who'd tow in lg 1 just isn't good enough and makes it even harder. Welcome back to the pub lg
    I'm not getting the vibe with Struber , I'm not saying he's a total clown in the Morais style by any means .

He's done reasonably well to be fair but I'm not getting the positive instinct with him and it's something that's served me well over the years with this kind of thing .

Different ball game next season if indeed we do go down , different pressure and the expectancy is to win a massive amount of games .

From a purely instinctive position I'd make a change for next season and go with a less technical coach and replace him with skills more suited to raising moral , belief and a more tactically orthodox approach for the league we will find ourselves in .

There's a bloke whose just left Hearts who'd be perfect for the role but I guess the ownership don't know much about him .

I seen it tonight, like a few other games, that his substitutions were remedying a poor first start choice.
    some really slack passing, Ludwig not at his best, and Solbaur too..... Brown, should have been off at half time......
    Styles, for me before Bahre, as has been said, Woodrow hasn't looked interested, and Mrs Jules said that he had a paddy at being subbed last home game, sat in the dugout Chelping at Struber.....I didn’t see it, but when it comes to “reading between the lines” I’d back her...
    Simoes should have started.
    Games tomorrow go for us and we are still in the mix. 3 tough ones.....
    Face it.... Even if we stay up..... what improvements can we expect.
    so,we may as well go down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast