+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scum V reds

Scum V reds

On SKY 16th July 5.00 pm kick off hope their head coach gets rid of that belly ache and be able to stand to watch game

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    On SKY 16th July 5.00 pm kick off hope their head coach gets rid of that belly ache and be able to stand to watch game
    I remember a similar game in 1990 , Leeds on the verge of promotion and ourselves one foot in the third division .

Mel Machin's boys pyssed on their bonfire with O'Connell and Archdeacon coming off the bench to win us the game 2-1 , as memorable a night as it gets .

I can still see Gerry Taggart dancing in front of the away section at full time with coins from the Leeds Neanderthals whistling over his heed .

I feel we may need a repeat .

Hope Leeds go up as Champions , Biggest County in Country , we should be doing better than only having Sheff Utd ,and more than likely Leeds in the Top Flight ,
    good luck to them , I like their Manager ,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I remember a similar game in 1990 , Leeds on the verge of promotion and ourselves one foot in the third division .

Mel Machin's boys pyssed on their bonfire with O'Connell and Archdeacon coming off the bench to win us the game 2-1 , as memorable a night as it gets .

I can still see Gerry Taggart dancing in front of the away section at full time with coins from the Leeds Neanderthals whistling over his heed .

I feel we may need a repeat .
    A great night for us against a team that would become first division champions 2 years later. Difference that neet wo that we had some experience in our side who knew their stuff and how to dig art a result at Elland Road. Like you said on the other thread Animal, our lads have heart and energy but fall short in this division. We all know who's responsible

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Hope Leeds go up as Champions , Biggest County in Country , we should be doing better than only having Sheff Utd ,and more than likely Leeds in the Top Flight ,
    Absolutely loath them and their arrogant feck wit fans myself but that's just my view .

Alright when they were struggling to get out of league one .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post

Ar like them farcical post match interviews wi his interpreter whisperin in his earoyle

Fuq em. Hope they bottle it ageeun and we play a big part in it

Silly b@llax and his mates went on the service train that day .

Boozing all afternoon in Leeds city centre which wasn't actually too bad , hand pulled Tetley's all over oil , christ I miss that drink .

Coming away from Bellend Road afterwards wasn't so grand , hordes of the feckers hanging abart .

Gob zipped , head down and split in to ones and two's but within distance .

Got back to the tarn and headed for Jap Whispers and had a reight drink and celebration .

One of the great nights , in my top five away days of all time .

Just seeing the seething feckers afterwards was worth it .