+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Trophy Latest

FA Trophy Latest

Latest according to Ollie Bayliss again on Tw@tter...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  19.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Latest according to Ollie Bayliss again on Tw@tter...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  19.5 KB
    Does Ollie Bayliss have a time machine? If so, it's very good of him to let us know the first leg scores. I would guess that a correct score double on Halesowen winning 4-2 and us drawing 1-1 would pay well over 100/1. It's good to know that the FA are planning to conclude this competition, because after Michael Doyle scored from 90 yards in the last minute against Dagenham, and then we won at Yeovil with 9 men I backed us to win it at 7/1.

Be a real shame if it’s played behind closed doors though elite . What’s the point of concluding it without fans pal?

Quote Originally Posted by piegonk74 View Post
    Be a real shame if it’s played behind closed doors though elite . What’s the point of concluding it without fans pal?
    I suppose money is the main reason. Even though it's peanuts compared with the big boys, the prize money and TV revenue could finance a couple of decent players for next season.

Hope it is concluded for the sake of Halesowen and Concord. So close and one of them would have made it to Wembley - massive day for them.

Elite, that post about the scores was said in Jest wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Elite, that post about the scores was said in Jest wasn't it?
    Hope not, my £10 bet will pay over a grand!

I assume the numbers refer to league level.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I suppose money is the main reason. Even though it's peanuts compared with the big boys, the prize money and TV revenue could finance a couple of decent players for next season.
    I'd love to see it played in front of fans as a prelude to the new season. It would be much better than the average preseason friendly, and would be great preparation to start our league 2 campaign, if we can get ourselves promoted. If the rumours are true, that the National League has been told to expect to play league matches in front of fans from September, I'd be quite hopeful it might happen with fans. Would be a great revenue earner for Notts if we could win it with fans present. - Hopefully might be the only time we ever compete in the competition. Don't want a repeat of relegation if we can get back in the league.