+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So...where should we finish?

So...where should we finish?

This isn't really a 'predictions' thread in the usual sense given that we've only got 5 games left. Rather, it's about where we are in the great scheme of things compared to the other teams in our league. When I look at the table, I think about 14th is our 'true' position. I would argue that all of the teams above us are better than us either purely because of the quality of the squad or, in the case of teams like Burnley, Sheffield United and Everton, because their combination of a better manager who has a better system for his players and a style of play that suits them puts them ahead of us. I would put Southampton and Crystal Palace in that latter category at the moment, too.

At best, currently, I don't think we're better than our present position of 12th. Yes, 2 or 3 more wins could push us into the top half but the same could be said of any of the teams around us.

Thoughts?

We will finish between 12th and 14th....

But truly.... if we are better than 16th or 17th then this is a poor division....

We are awful in midfield and only Almiron and St Maximin's ability to get the ball 60 yards upfield relieves any pressure from our overworked defence and our superb keeper.

No central midfield and no strikers...

Im the plus column, our centre backs are solid and our workrate is phenomenal for the 3rd prem season in a row...

Agree with your both.

Somewhere between 12th and 14th.

Now we're mathematically safe, I wonder if players and Bruce will take their foot off so we'll sink down a bit and finish in 14th.

Actually, I'd like to formally apologise to Steve Bruce. Anything above 18th is an absolute bonus and we should be grateful. I was so silly expecting or wanting more...

...because, as he's just said...people need to remember this is only our third season back.

He actually said that.

wow.

Anything above 21st is an achievement with that shower

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Anything above 21st is an achievement with that shower
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️You have won a prize my friend . Hit the nail on the head⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

We will finish around about where we are, 5 Or 6 points from last few games would do me.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)