+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ought we be worried?

Any idea how it went? It was yesterday wan't it?

Doubt we will hear for ages if the Owlish outcome hasn't yet emerged

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Doubt we will hear for ages if the Owlish outcome hasn't yet emerged
    Geoff the FL issued a statement last week They are not going to let the Wendies know the outcome of their fate till they had done Derbies Probably both get the same points deduction. Either that or they need to get it ratified by Mr Gibson

I don't think we've got anything to worry about but I hope We've signed two keepers a right back ,winger and a striker before the transfer embargo kicks in

An interesting dimension Mista. Surely if they do not find us in breach of FFP/P&S regulations, and so do not crystalise a points deduction, they cannot impose a transfer embargo either as the profit from sale of the ground will sit in our FFP calculations for 3 years until end of 2021?

That of course is logical. The EFL are not renowned for such thought processes.

An interesting dimension Mista. Surely if they do not find us in breach of FFP/P&S regulations, and so do not crystalise a points deduction, they cannot impose a transfer embargo either as the profit from sale of the ground will sit in our FFP calculations for 3 years until end of 2021?

Geoff I was being flippant about the embargo I don't have a clue which way this will go What I do know is there's is a more than 50% chance w may not pick up another point this season So if we only get a 9point reduction that knocks us down to 52 and there as eight teams who could get that total (that if they don't play each other )
    Unlikely I know but it's Derby a lot of people out to get us especially MM

No but they can give us a transfer embargo because of our amortization of player wages But they will have to get that ratified by Barnsley and Boro first

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    No but they can give us a transfer embargo because of our amortization of player wages But they will have to get that ratified by Barnsley and Boro first
    Isn't the amortisation in the same category as the sale of the ground in that the club was in constant contact with the EFL (according to MM anyway) all the way and the EFL's first hint of an issue with the methodology used was when they charged DCFC?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Isn't the amortisation in the same category as the sale of the ground in that the club was in constant contact with the EFL (according to MM anyway) all the way and the EFL's first hint of an issue with the methodology used was when they charged DCFC?
    MA if what the club say is true and I have no reason to doubt them. It doesn't seem right that the FL can charge with something they alleged to sanction, also signed the accounts off . They have obviously got us for something or there wouldn't be the need for a tribunal At the 2nd of the day it will boil down to has the club told us the truth . I can't get it out of my head when this first came out those two directors resigned The club said it was to make way for new investors ,probably just the cynic in me

I can't help thinking that the whole 5h1t show was triggered when Boro said they were thinking of suing the EFL for £100M or so. Paying the money plus all the huge legal fees came to an amount they did not want to pay. Charging DCFC and the Wendies with stuff the EFL, according to both clubs, had sanctioned and signed off on, would lead to a much less costly tribunal. Both those tribunals have now taken place but the verdicts haven't been given yet and, IMO, won't be until after the last game. Both clubs to be found innocent. EFL picks up the smallish bill and saves a ton of cash.

That scenario pulls the rug from under Gibson's feet at a fraction of the cost of a Court case with lawyers involved.

There, I just invented my very first conspiracy theory.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)