+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn’s winning goal last night

Can't agree Sinky,just a chip nothing special..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Can't agree Sinky,just a chip nothing special..
    Good try Alfie, but can you imagine the hysteria on here had that been Dwight McNeill ? The Ambulance Service in the Burnley area would have been overwhelmed, they'd have had to use a Nightingale to accommodate all the hyperventilating Burnley fans.

Very much the same as Adams scored the night before. Two in two nights can't be that special!

If they're not that special Sub, who was the last Burnley player to score from 40 yards out ? And when was it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If they're not that special Sub, who was the last Burnley player to score from 40 yards out ? And when was it ?
    Was it this:
    https://twitter.com/burnleygoals/sta...985280?lang=en

or this?
    https://twitter.com/burnleygoals/sta...203392?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Do I take it that you are a bit biased then.
    No way barrie!

sinkov---it doesn't matter ---it is history and we are no longer allowed to have history in case we offend somebody.
    I saw Brian Laws score an own goal from over 50 yards at Gillingham in August 1981 and that stands out in my memory more than most goals because it was bizarre.
    However, I will play your silly games;:- Who was the last Burnley player to score from 40 yards out?

Quite rare then anti, just two in over 20 years, and both looked closer to goal than Armstrong's effort. I was at Stoke when Pickering cracked that one in, I think it was quite early in the game and we won 4-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov---it doesn't matter ---it is history and we are no longer allowed to have history in case we offend somebody.
    I saw Brian Laws score an own goal from over 50 yards at Gillingham in August 1981 and that stands out in my memory more than most goals because it was bizarre.
    However, I will play your silly games;:- Who was the last Burnley player to score from 40 yards out?
    Possibly the most bizarre own goal I can remember Sub, just, and you were probably there as well, was an Alex Elder own goal against Blackburn at the Bee Hole End. I can still see the ball looping into the air and floating backwards towards our goal.

Possibly the most bizarre own goal I can remember Sub, just, and you were probably there as well, was an Alex Elder own goal against Blackburn at the Bee Hole End. I can still see the ball looping into the air and floating backwards towards our goal.
    sinkov ---was that not against Leeds in 1966? I'm sure it was just before I joined the RAF in July that year (54 years ago today).
    He hit the ball back towards Adam Blacklaw but Adam had advanced towards him and it sailed over his head and Leeds won 1-0!
    Liverpool won the League, Leeds came 2nd and we finished 3rd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)