+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sheff Utd Matchday Thread

Abbo',mate, thanks for your comments, but for that I would have no idea what has happened. Bluddy alarm clock failed to go off..never happened before.....I missed the lot. Choked about that and gutted about the result. It seems the wheels have came off our wagon and it couldn't have happened at a worst time. I'm afraid the result has buried any chance we may have had to play C.L. football next season (unless we can go all the way in the Europa Cup). Perhaps it was all 'a bridge too far' after all. Heaven knows it's been a long arduous campaign for us, but that doesn't soften the disappointment I'm feeling right now (and I know I'm not alone). This crest-fallen Wolfie is now heading back to bed.....Goodnight all !!!

P.S. Have just read your comments, Greavsey, and I think the problem you identify has probably been evident since resumption after the Covid break. It's almost as if we've gone back into our shell..... let's hope Nuno can fix it !!!
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 08-07-2020 at 07:32 PM.

I understand trying to settle for a draw on the road against a solid team, but not sure why we didn’t go for the win instead of shelling up. Nuno knows beat but if we wanted to play champions league football, we needed three points.

Gotta keep that Europa league spot now

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    thought some of our passing was laffable..
    goals drying up..
    too much time going sidewards/backwards for ball retention..reducing any direct threat.

traore needs to pass the ball now and then instead of taking everbody on

two consec games no goals/no points

maybe a slight team reshuffle could help
    "thought some of our passing was laffable..
    too much time going sidewards/backwards for ball retention..reducing any direct threat.
    traore needs to pass the ball now and then instead of taking everbody on"

Although I haven't watched any of the games since the restart those comments probably cover 90% of the games I have seen this season. Can't argue with our league position but as I have said before I find ,generally, the way we have got there uninspiring in terms of entertainment.

In Coseley talk, "bloody boring"!

As the saying goes, we seem to have "lost our mojo" since the break.
    Too many players hitting bad form at the same time. Saiss looks dodgy, Boly is unusually suspect, Jota is out of form, even the little magician is rather ordinary at the moment.
    Maybe time for a change, Vinagre, Kilman, Podence, Neto and Campana to get (some) more game time?

Anyway, could be worse...

Looking on twitter today some of the comments regarding Nuno are pathetic to say the least :
    "Time to go"
    "I'd rather be in League One"
    "Clown"

I'm lost for words.

dogead, there will always be idiots out there, many thought football started with Sky TV. I suggest they put their brain in gear before they engage their mouth, or finger.

Re passing back wards and sideways.... Sitting in the upper Steve Bull at home matches you see sides defend when we have the ball with either two banks of five, or 4 five with one player hovering around the centre circle. EG Brighton. These teams are difficult to break down, we pass the ball about at the back to try and draw defenders out of position. It may look negative, but a necessary tactic to try and break teams down.

We are struggling to score at the moment, only 4 goals in the last 6 games, but only 3 against. Three of our goals have come from crosses provided by Traore. Opponents are aware of his danger and are often putting two or even three players on him, and as a last resort bring him down and take a card. All the Premier League teams know how we play, and set up to negate our style. We need to be savvy enough to alter our style and combat those defensive tactics.

Nuno knows his players, but may need to make subs earlier in a game to try and change things.

The last two games have been frustrating, but after the start we had to the season, I would have settled to be in the position we are now in, plus the progress we are making in the Europa league. To most of the European teams we are an unknown quantity. We still have a few games to play and a top seven finish is not out of the question.

I do feel that we need a powerful player in midfield along the lines of Bruno Fernandes. The transfer window will be interesting.

It has been announced that Adama Traore dislocated his shoulder again in the early stages of last nights game.. A great pity he didn't have an operation at the start of lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    dogead, there will always be idiots out there, many thought football started with Sky TV. I suggest they put their brain in gear before they engage their mouth, or finger.

Re passing back wards and sideways.... Sitting in the upper Steve Bull at home matches you see sides defend when we have the ball with either two banks of five, or 4 five with one player hovering around the centre circle. EG Brighton. These teams are difficult to break down, we pass the ball about at the back to try and draw defenders out of position. It may look negative, but a necessary tactic to try and break teams down.

We are struggling to score at the moment, only 4 goals in the last 6 games, but only 3 against. Three of our goals have come from crosses provided by Traore. Opponents are aware of his danger and are often putting two or even three players on him, and as a last resort bring him down and take a card. All the Premier League teams know how we play, and set up to negate our style. We need to be savvy enough to alter our style and combat those defensive tactics.

Nuno knows his players, but may need to make subs earlier in a game to try and change things.

The last two games have been frustrating, but after the start we had to the season, I would have settled to be in the position we are now in, plus the progress we are making in the Europa league. To most of the European teams we are an unknown quantity. We still have a few games to play and a top seven finish is not out of the question.

I do feel that we need a powerful player in midfield along the lines of Bruno Fernandes. The transfer window will be interesting.
    The problem is Abbo that most times we bypass or concede the midfield, that's our game plan. We are not designed to finish off chances resulting from creative midfield play, our bread and butter are fast counter attacks either from a turnover deep in our own half or an accurate long ball from the back, or a combination of both. A "powerful"/creative midfielder would be wasted as it stands.

Maybe we have just hit our ceiling and this is as far as we are going to go with the existing squad. As you say the next transfer window will be very interesting and very indicative of the way we are going.

Right now we will do well to hold on to sixth place. fifth has gone, sad to say but Man Utd have greatly improved over the last couple of months and won't be slipping up any time soon.

6th place though, I'll take it with pleasure, fine achievement.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)