+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Antipathy

Antipathy

I am considering taking further steps to express my contempt for United. This may include standing on the Newmarket Road outside the ground before games waving flags with the following comments.

All ye who enter here must have a radio tuned to radio one. Watching United is worse.

If you collapse during the game, give thanks.

If you bring a parrot, the ball will hit it. Even if your sitting on the back row of the stand.

The Marx brothers next film is entitled " Paul Barry buys Cambridge United."

The one after will be called "Paul Barry sells a crater".

The security staff need to watch the stand roofs. We dont want people jumping off as a game kicks off.

The Gommorrah want to rob United, the directors beat them too it.

Isnt your life nuisance enough?

And i thought the twin towers was bad

If United were a play, it would be halfway to hell, the distance is underestimated.

If they had stuffed Jeremy Corbyns head up a horses a ss, as pre game entertainment, the ground would be empty at 3-05.

The board is like a human giraffe, bending down to sniff at the mortals called fans.

Patsy of Garlic Row.

Chalky, will you help with the flags?

Yeah of course I will Frank,no need to put all of those messages on them though because all you need is the white flag.of surrender by the sounds of it,clubs have their ups and downs and you only have to look at Notts to see that,pull yerself together man and when it's safe to do so get down to The Abbey and support the U's

I was gonna read this. But I couldn’t be arsed

Nah. I think ive out grown it, it doesnt get me worked up anymore. I think dropping to the conference 15 years ago broke something, thats when i cared less. I couldnt get excited watching a game.

In my mid twenties one morning, i had a spiritual crisis, i thought "Is this all there is"? What i am referring too is life, not football. Football was one of the things that kept me enjoying life. Not anymore, its a chore. Even if United were raining Becks goals in, and top of the league.

All of this is good, i am changing, new things have my attention. Listening to coconuts isnt one of them, not that it ever gets played. Whats left is a lot of fun. Of course i still care, but not to the point of going. Maybe ancient Rome may change that. Gladiator fights can end in death.

Instead of losing or gaining three points, and one or two league positions, which is like drinking weak tea, maybe more can be at stake. Each fan is allocated a number, and if your team loses, a number is randomly selected.

And then that fan is err, well..... United will end up with no fans at all. Nah, that will never be allowed. Whats left is taking the michael, theres plenty of scope for jokes. Anyway, have you met up with sue yet? I bet the ground will shake.

Everyone wonders if this is all there is in life Frank,it's only natural because life is complex and not straight forward,one wrong mistake and the road that you've comfortably traveled on through life suddenly makes a left turn for no reason and your world is upside down,football isn't as important in life as some think but it is an escape for a couple of hours even if Utd lose so carry going down when you can

I'm going back down to Sue in a couple of weeks after I've sorted out some lose ends here and I can't wait,absence has made the heart grow fonder

Existentialism 101

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Everyone wonders if this is all there is in life Frank,it's only natural because life is complex and not straight forward,one wrong mistake and the road that you've comfortably traveled on through life suddenly makes a left turn for no reason and your world is upside down,football isn't as important in life as some think but it is an escape for a couple of hours even if Utd lose so carry going down when you can

I'm going back down to Sue in a couple of weeks after I've sorted out some lose ends here and I can't wait,absence has made the heart grow fonder
    At first glance I thought you’d put you were gan back doon on Sue.

Jeremy of Silverdale Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Anyway, have you met up with sue yet? I bet the ground will shake.
    That's it Frank,I've finished all that I've had to do and I'm off on Friday for a few months of relaxation,if I play my cards right it could be permanent

Keep an eye on floppy playing eyespy as he can't be trusted

May your ship sail with a fair wind.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)