+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One last Notts County Quiz

One last Notts County Quiz

1. Who were the last team Notts were drawn to play against in the Quarter finals of the League Cup?

2. In the days of one substitute, there was an away match in which Notts' 2nd choice goalkeeper came on for an injured player because the player who should have been on the bench failed to show up for the team bus. Name the outfield keeper and the player who didn't show up.

3. Who said "If I am being totally honest I am not motivated to even do that [invest money] currently because I am not being supported by you, the fan base." and who was manager at the time?

For some reason Jack Dunnett rings a bell for number 3?

1. Wycombe Wanderers

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    For some reason Jack Dunnett rings a bell for number 3?
    I thought 3 was Trew, the difficulty of that is which manager did we have at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I thought 3 was Trew, the difficulty of that is which manager did we have at the time
    It was Trew, he'd ruled out investment but was also now refusing to inject further cash in the form of loans, but who was manager at the time?

We played Wycombe Wanderers in the last 16 under Steve Thompson but lost, so it's not them for question 1.

2 - Barry Watling and Mick Jones(?) at Newport

Quote Originally Posted by boland View Post
    2 - Barry Watling and Mick Jones(?) at Newport
    Correct, 28th February 1970. Watling came on for Don Masson.

I was at the game, one of only 7 losses that season. I have a vague recollection that the team bus was supposed to pick up Jones at Leicester but he didn’t show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Ah ok, just seemed a typical Dunnett quote, as for manager, there’s plenty to choose from!

Quote Originally Posted by boland View Post
    I was at the game, one of only 7 losses that season. I have a vague recollection that the team bus was supposed to pick up Jones at Leicester but he didn’t show up.
    So was I. 2-1 loss?

I remember the floodlights being really poor, you could barely see the pitch!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast