+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Ultimately it’s all about the results...
    Sort of, some folk aren't (and never will be) happy with that though...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sort of, some folk aren't (and never will be) happy with that though...
    I don't think we're going to have the same old argument this season because the new manager comes with a coaching pedigree, unlike our last "coach" who couldn't get us to string 5 passes together most games.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I don't think we're going to have the same old argument this season because the new manager comes with a coaching pedigree, unlike our last "coach" who couldn't get us to string 5 passes together most games.
    ^^^ This

I don't think we're going to have the same old argument this season...
    Maybe not this season but it'll happen.Someone always has issues with 'the football' on offer. Have a look at the number of folk saying it's great as we'll now have attractive attacking football now RN is gone.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 09-07-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    ^^^ This
    Exactly the same as stoke 😁 and I’m happy neilson has left cause that pish was brutal and only by the grace of his favourites being out did we actually see fitba being played by us which hasn’t been often over the last 18 months or since Robbie took over 🧡🖤❤️
    Micky mellons tangerine army 😁
    Yes It could go pear shaped but I’m feeling confident now where as I lost any faith in Robbies decisions and he got out before being found out 🤣

Maybe not this season but it'll happen.Someone always has issues with 'the football' on offer. Have a look at the number of folk saying it;s great as we'll now have attractive attacking football now RN is gone.
    I’d rather lose to Alloa having a go cause I could accept we won’t win all the time but the only constant against Alloa with Robbie was 2 defensive mids and 1 up top and they still made us look like mugs 🧡🖤❤️

Maybe not this season but it'll happen.Someone always has issues with 'the football' on offer. Have a look at the number of folk saying it's great as we'll now have attractive attacking football now RN is gone.
    Terry under any coach there's always going to be games where the team doesn't play as well as they might, or as well as they usually do whether that's Pep or Klopp. But under Robbie we performed really well over 90 minutes only occasionally (ok I only watched our televised games). We won the league, fair do's, but in many games our technical ability was dire, our ability to cut teams open using moves was generally poor, and our ball retension was shocking. Robbie wasn't a coach, he was just a good leader of men.

You don't win those promotions in the English leagues with that kind of football so I'm pretty confident about the Melon Man. Good times ahead I think. We may struggle a bit early doors while he builds his side but I think we will be rewarded as time goes on.

As impossible as it is to replicate, Liverpool play the 'perfect' style of football in my opinion. They will pass across the back for a very short time, defenders will look for balls over the top to pacey forwards. If the forwards come short, they get the ball into feet and flood forward to support them.

If the opposition build from the back, they press them from the first pass and keep them in their own half, forcing them to go long, and then they win the aerial battle to win possession back. It's simple to explain, but very tough to carry out.

Mellon mentioned desire, commitment, hard-work and more things along those lines in his interviews. I think we can expect a team that gives everything for the jersey and that is enough for me.

Its good to watch, its effective and team dont like playing against it.

You don't win those promotions in the English leagues with that kind of football...
    Well unless you watched it I'm not sure how you can asses that. I did watch United last season win the Scottish Championship though.

I'm not trying to belittle MM here, I'm right behind him and the appointment looks great. What I'm saying is there are fans that will never be happy and always criticise 'style of play', even if a team are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    Exactly the same as stoke �� and I’m happy neilson has left cause that pish was brutal and only by the grace of his favourites being out did we actually see fitba being played by us which hasn’t been often over the last 18 months or since Robbie took over
    word for word agree, scary to think we went on that run due to the fact his favourites were injured eh

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)