+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Manager Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    based on what exactly?
    Reputation perhaps. The Academy is flourishing and DB & BG are mostly responsible. And there are several other very competent Academy employees to keep the good ball rolling. No new incomers necessary at this stage.

Mind when Bowman took charge when ****namara was sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Them tangerine tinted specs are bad for your eyes
    RT

These guys work with kids between the age of 10-15 and you suddenly want them coaching the first team full of experienced pro's? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Mind when Bowman took charge when ****namara was sacked?
    Yeah he was caretaker manager for two weeks, it was 5 years ago. He was in charge for one game only, a loss at Partick away. Mixu came in then.

The only reason the academy is on the up is because the new owner has thrown some money at it.That's where he thinks he will recoup his investment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yeah he was caretaker manager for two weeks, it was 5 years ago. He was in charge for one game only, a loss at Partick away. Mixu came in then.
    he was hardly a leader of men when in charge, i like Bow and all he does for the club but i dont want to see him as AM

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    These guys work with kids between the age of 10-15 and you suddenly want them coaching the first team full of experienced pro's? Really?
    tangerine tinted specs as GB says mate...

Mellon has already said in the press he is taking his time to appoint assistants because Bow and Grant have been a great help. So talk of them actually getting the jobs is very wide of the mark and people just guessing without looking at the facts.

He's not exactly going to say "f uck I need my own people in asap, these boys are nae help at all" is he?

His assistant for the last few years was literally appointed manager of Tranmere yesterday, I'd expect he'll get his men in place over the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Mellon has already said in the press he is taking his time to appoint assistants because Bow and Grant have been a great help. So talk of them actually getting the jobs is very wide of the mark and people just guessing without looking at the facts.

He's not exactly going to say "f uck I need my own people in asap, these boys are nae help at all" is he?

His assistant for the last few years was literally appointed manager of Tranmere yesterday, I'd expect he'll get his men in place over the next week or so.
    Everything he's saying in the press is a bit of a smokescreen because of the uncertainty of the court case situation imo. Talk of giving kids the chance to prove themselves in The Premiership, no rush to make signings or appoint assistants etc etc. I don't think this would be the case if it was full steam ahead as normal.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)