Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
As impossible as it is to replicate, Liverpool play the 'perfect' style of football in my opinion. They will pass across the back for a very short time, defenders will look for balls over the top to pacey forwards. If the forwards come short, they get the ball into feet and flood forward to support them.

If the opposition build from the back, they press them from the first pass and keep them in their own half, forcing them to go long, and then they win the aerial battle to win possession back. It's simple to explain, but very tough to carry out.

Mellon mentioned desire, commitment, hard-work and more things along those lines in his interviews. I think we can expect a team that gives everything for the jersey and that is enough for me.

Its good to watch, its effective and team dont like playing against it.
Agree with that. However Liverpool and Man City are able to buy the best players and the best coaches so they will always have a statistically better chance of playing good football more consistently than say Norwich.

To get a team like ours playing consistently good football at our level needs the coach to identify players he can rely on to do what he asks of them, coach them to be able to be comfortable in possession, to hold the ball up until another player is available, to move off the ball to create space and have at least one creative mid who can play balls in behind defenders or triangles just outside the 18 yard box. Plus at least one winger who can beat his man and deliver crosses consistently. Imo under Robbie we had none of that, although we did show it in flashes.
Robbie won the league because we overall had better players than the other teams, not by the quality of football the team produced.
In the Premiership we won't have that superiority of players we'll need to beat teams by playing better football than them on that particular day.

If you look back to the great days of the 80's we didn't beat Celtic the Rangers Aberdeen etc because we had a bigger budget, we beat them consistently because the manager had an eye for a player and was able to coach them brilliantly into a winning unit.