+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank the lord the season is nearly over!!

The league table tells thi summat after 42 games.

The players are either not good enough collectively ,or have not yet developed the skills required because of their age, to compete at this level.

It's unrealistic to assemble such a group and expect them to be successful in a tough league. Who would do that ?

Sh1t or bust on Setdi. Last chance saloon.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The league table tells thi summat after 42 games.

The players are either not good enough collectively ,or have not yet developed the skills required because of their age, to compete at this level.

It's unrealistic to assemble such a group and expect them to be successful in a tough league. Who would do that ?

Sh1t or bust on Setdi. Last chance saloon.
    Tha reyt ageeun SB , wiv some good prospects darn theer , sumz not been gen much of a chance , others ev laiked wen they shudda been dropped , easy for some to mek scapegoats , an am goowin to mek wun nar Struber , he just dunt do it for me , as for the Owners ? Maybe as things are reyt nar , they may just have saved the Club by not spending , am not defending their policy on recruitment , that's dreadful, this penny pinching way they go abart things has to change , next seerson will see the best transfer ever ! Keep the Faith

The truth is the club's policy has simply set the players up to fail , hung them out to dry .

The same could be said of Daniel Stendel who could be forgiven for thinking that after he guided the club back to the Championship it was reasonable enough to expect he was given some tools to work with and a realistic chance of staying in the league .

I don't actually mind Luke Thomas , he's a hard working kid and I've no reason to think he's ever given less than his best , although he's no world beater at this moment in his career .

I'm annoyed by his decision to take to social media because with four games left and fighting for our championship lives it isn't helpful , we need the whole group together .

They've enough on their plate fighting for survival without this nonsense .

Nobody needs to know about this shyte and I just don't see how it builds bridges after something's gone off behind the scenes , it actually just creates divides .

There's no poor Luke here lad , grow the feck up and get us some points from these last four games .

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Choked in all the key games this season. Luton at home lost 1-3 and drew 1-1 away. Charlton drew 2-2 home lost 2-1 away. Stoke lost 2-4 at home, lost 4-0 away. Reading drew 1-1 at home and lost 2-0 away. Huddersfield shared the points. Lost 0-1 at home to Birmingham.

It's down to the bottle of the players for me.

It's a very good point Steve. A couple of wins instead of defeats in those games against Luton and Charlton would've made so much difference. We shot ourselves in the foot.

I don't think it's a question of the players bottling it. They just lack the tools to cope in certain areas and have made too many costly mistakes. If Mads Anderson had someone like Gerry Taggart laiking alongside him he wouldn't make all the errors he has this season. Taggart would've roasted him. It's about learning from your mistakes and getting the consistency factor right. Some players haven't been able to do that unfortunately.

To be honest they've made a real fist of things given our diabolical start to the season. They've shown courage and fight when most teams would've chucked the towel in. I'm proud of their efforts.

It's so glaringly obvious what has gone wrong this season. A couple o experienced heads in our team gives us a far better chance of picking up valuable points. One thing young teams aren't capable of too often is picking up scruffy draws and wins when they're having an off day. I think back to Birmingham at home and away. Two scruffy games where we played poorly and came art wi nowt to show. It's not even that Birmingham were good, they just kept it tight and organized, out muscled us and out experienced us.

The silly mistakes have cost us, Boro away stands out for me. Big game against a struggling side clearly lacking confidence. Again it was a night where we didn't play great but should never have lost that game.

Blackburn away we should've come out of it wi a point, cardiff away same deal, Bristol city away same, leeds at home played well but sloppy defending cost us what would've been a well earned point. Derby at home we gifted them 2 goals and were the better side but just about snatched a draw in the end.

This is where experienced players count. Feck sake, it pysses me right off recounting those games. Fecking idiots running this show have screwed us over. Grrrrrgghhh

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's a very good point Steve. A couple of wins instead of defeats in those games against Luton and Charlton would've made so much difference. We shot ourselves in the foot.

I don't think it's a question of the players bottling it. They just lack the tools to cope in certain areas and have made too many costly mistakes. If Mads Anderson had someone like Gerry Taggart laiking alongside him he wouldn't make all the errors he has this season. Taggart would've roasted him. It's about learning from your mistakes and getting the consistency factor right. Some players haven't been able to do that unfortunately.

To be honest they've made a real fist of things given our diabolical start to the season. They've shown courage and fight when most teams would've chucked the towel in. I'm proud of their efforts.

It's so glaringly obvious what has gone wrong this season. A couple o experienced heads in our team gives us a far better chance of picking up valuable points. One thing young teams aren't capable of too often is picking up scruffy draws and wins when they're having an off day. I think back to Birmingham at home and away. Two scruffy games where we played poorly and came art wi nowt to show. It's not even that Birmingham were good, they just kept it tight and organized, out muscled us and out experienced us.

The silly mistakes have cost us, Boro away stands out for me. Big game against a struggling side clearly lacking confidence. Again it was a night where we didn't play great but should never have lost that game.

Blackburn away we should've come out of it wi a point, cardiff away same deal, Bristol city away same, leeds at home played well but sloppy defending cost us what would've been a well earned point. Derby at home we gifted them 2 goals and were the better side but just about snatched a draw in the end.

This is where experienced players count. Feck sake, it pysses me right off recounting those games. Fecking idiots running this show have screwed us over. Grrrrrgghhh
    Good post mate .

To have managed 4th , 5th or even 6th bottom isn't the mountain to climb many would have you believe .

Charlton although still in trouble have made a far better fist of it than ourselves , they haven't a pot to pyss in but what they have is some seasoned pros , the reason they've found themselves in trouble is the horrendous injury list they've had to cope with , they were without 14 players at one point .

It's not as difficult as what's made out if you know what your doing .

There lies the problem .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

Feel same. I highlighted those games above because some were after decent results and clawing back points deficits only to piss it away again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12