+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, over at Bolton....

Meanwhile, over at Bolton....

[sigh] what could possibly go wrong?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...arture-bolton/

Grumps you beat me to it. I was going to put this on the Jerry Yates thread. I wonder what Jerry is thinking now Doyle is leaving Swindon?

Too much expected of him to bag all the goals? No prolific partner like Doyle by his side? This may have well scuppered Yates' decision to sign for Swindon, we shall but wait and see.

As for Doyle, being offered a 3 year contract at 32 years of age, who can blame him for taking it? Swindon couldn't match the contrcat or wages involved so it's doyle's last hurrah at a decent contract. As always, money talks and football is a short career.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grumps you beat me to it. I was going to put this on the Jerry Yates thread. I wonder what Jerry is thinking now Doyle is leaving Swindon?

Too much expected of him to bag all the goals? No prolific partner like Doyle by his side? This may have well scuppered Yates' decision to sign for Swindon, we shall but wait and see.

As for Doyle, being offered a 3 year contract at 32 years of age, who can blame him for taking it? Swindon couldn't match the contrcat or wages involved so it's doyle's last hurrah at a decent contract. As always, money talks and football is a short career.
    Don't buy the short career crap Brin. They don’t have their limbs removed when they finish and have a great pension from a good age.

They have the same ability as anyone to find work after their football days are over.

They're marsonaries full stop.

Bolton don't seem to have learned their lesson about paying too much out.

He'd rather play div two standard than div one obviously for money.
    Ok I might do that if I was a 32 year old footballer But has he taken into account all the risks of being paid, or not, by Bolton for the next 36 months.
    So will he actually be earning more money over the long run?

I totally agree Brinster regarding Doyle's perspective. He'd be crackers not to take that contract offer. But my thoughts are what the feck are BWFC doing? Have they learned nothing from the past 2 years. If I were a fan of the Trotters the following remark from Richie Wellens would have me a tad anxious:

"The money Bolton are throwing around for a player of his age, and a three-year deal at that, we couldn't get to that," he told BBC Radio Wiltshire.

As he was on a loan deal, which switched to a 6mth contract in Jan. Is his family home still up north, if so keeping his family settled will also have some influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I totally agree Brinster regarding Doyle's perspective. He'd be crackers not to take that contract offer. But my thoughts are what the feck are BWFC doing? Have they learned nothing from the past 2 years. If I were a fan of the Trotters the following remark from Richie Wellens would have me a tad anxious:

"The money Bolton are throwing around for a player of his age, and a three-year deal at that, we couldn't get to that," he told BBC Radio Wiltshire.
    where's all their money come from? Bet on them next year for promo?

Or another charge for financial mismanagement

Have they had funds stashed away or external investment? I don't imagine this contract was a cheap one

where's all their money come from? Bet on them next year for promo?
    Bolton Wanderers just got some new sponsorship from, " Home Bargains ", so getting some backing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast