+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Just because you're offended

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion he was being sarky.

In other news, BFP's bessie mate on the subject of 'free speech' in schools.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1281239725987282946
    Yeah JRM is a big believer in free speech.

He said that after he spent an afternoon in bed with a goat.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Forest might go up through the playoffs.
    Blo*dy hell navypie, steady on!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Relax. Just see it as an opportunity to see them regularly getting hammered in the Premiership next season.
    There is that, but kids buy Premiership club shirts.

I'm wondering where Islam stands, or ultimately stands on this issue of woke.

Remember the "Birmingham school stops LGBT lessons" story?
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...arent-protests

A quote from Shadi Hamid who is a senior fellow in the proect of US relations with the Islamic World.....

" Well I look at this sort of secular religion that’s growing in this country, the woke church or woke whatever you want to call it. It’s a dogma; there’s an orthodoxy; there are real conceptions of sin, of guilt, of shame, of atonement; there are effectively clerics of the woke movement who are arbitrators of acceptable conduct. As someone who studies religion, if you’re going to do religion, do religion, but don’t do this mimicking of the certainty and conviction of religion, but basically use it for a false secular god. That to me is part of what’s scary about this moment. That people are clearly looking for meaning, they’re looking to believe in something, but they’re finding it in odd places. We’ve seen these images and videos of—I guess you can call them white guilt rallies—where white people—and it’s creepy, it’s really creepy stuff—they’re basically prostrating on the ground as if they are praying and they’re essentially absolving themselves, trying to absolve themselves of sin and almost totemizing black people as—there’s something weird about that, that they’re in a sense using black people to atone. So, it gets into this really weird racial stuff and all that. And sometimes you see rallies of white liberals doing almost like what you see in some evangelical churches, putting their hands in the air and begging for forgiveness. It’s very weird stuff but it also shows the decline of a common Christian culture."

https://providencemag.com/2020/06/sh...hurch-of-woke/

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah JRM is a big believer in free speech.

He said that after he spent an afternoon in bed with a goat.
    Dirty bast@rd. I hope he called Billy( any port in a storm) a taxi.

I’d be interested if the OP has any actual examples of the point they’re trying to make.

When I was a union rep I represented a bloke who invited his manager to ‘**** off’ and also informed him he was a ‘fat ****’. I really wish I’d have tried the free speech defence and seen how far it got us.

Many of the internet free speech warriors here and elsewhere would of course say not only should he have he been sacked, but they don’t believe in trade unions either.
    Morning CPO
    Fcuk you Sir, me and the lads are going on the p1ss in the first port we hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I have an inkling he was being sarcastic. Saying that, I've just been ordered to take my Christmas lights down in case they offend some people.

You may be living in a climate of fear, but I'm certainly not. Tell us what you're scared of and I'm sure we'll be able to put your mind at rest.
    Thinking about that you could be right, but well-known lefties on here like frenchmagpie( a francophile, still smarting about Agincourt) haven't jumped in.

I’d be interested if the OP has any actual examples of the point they’re trying to make.

When I was a union rep I represented a bloke who invited his manager to ‘**** off’ and also informed him he was a ‘fat ****’. I really wish I’d have tried the free speech defence and seen how far it got us.

Many of the internet free speech warriors here and elsewhere would of course say not only should he have he been sacked, but they don’t believe in trade unions either.
    Here's an example.

Course he deserves the sack. As well as being a racist ****, he’s clearly as thick as pig sh!t.
    Guy didn't break any laws but you saying he should be sacked. From the post on the guy flying the White Live Matter banner.
    Last edited by EwarWooWar; 10-07-2020 at 05:56 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Here's an example.

Guy didn't break any laws but you saying he should be sacked. From the post on the guy flying the White Live Matter banner.
    Woops

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Here's an example.

You’ve used the example where the massive racist and his massively racist mates organised a banner which was not only interpreted as being racist but highlighted what a massive racist he was so both he and his girlfriend were sacked from their jobs because their employers didn’t fancy the idea of being associated with massive racists?

You think that is all about ‘offence’?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast