+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Just because you're offended

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Absolutely.

Guilt by association is always a cracking way to run a legal system. Thank God I never had a selfie with Fred West. All I'm saying is the police were satisfied the bloke 'had done nothing wrong and broken no laws'. If he had previously been charged/warned in connection with making racist comments or posts on social media, then he deserved the sack. If he hadn't, then I think he got a rough deal.
    Having cause to sack someone isn’t the same as having to prove guilt in court. In court you have to prove guilt ‘beyond reasonable doubt’. A employer only has to have ‘reasonable cause’. In this case, they maybe thought that the banner and social media posts together were enough reason to think that any further association with this bloke would harm their reputation. In short, being a massive racist on its own won’t get you the sack. Proving to the world that you are probably will though.

No need to worry , I’m sure all his mates and supporters are getting together to fund a claim for unfair dismissal.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 12-07-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Having cause to sack someone isn’t the same as having to prove guilt in court. In court you have to prove guilt ‘beyond reasonable doubt’. A employer only has to have ‘reasonable cause’. In this case, they maybe thought that the banner and social media posts together were enough reason to think that any further association with this bloke would harm their reputation. In short, being a massive racist on its own won’t get you the sack. Proving to the world that you are probably will though.

No need to worry , I’m sure all his mates and supporters are getting together to fund a claim for unfair dismissal.
    Fair enough:

No doubt you'll be offering your services if it does go to tribunal, Bif?

Fair enough:

No doubt you'll be offering your services if it does go to tribunal, Bif?
    An ET is above my pay grade unfortunately. If he was a member of mine, I’d have defended him at work though. Just because he’s a nob, it doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be treated fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    That will be anyone who doesn't join you on a BLM march then.
    No. But do suspect that people who only over comment on the faults in a movement who's purpose is to end racism are probably a bit racist.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    No. But do suspect that people who only over comment on the faults in a movement who's purpose is to end racism are probably a bit racist.
    Just a little bit more confetti being thrown around.

Off at a bit of a tangent (again) here, but in terms of free speech, the story of 'Harry the Owl' (real name Harry Miller) on Twitter is chilling. Worth a google.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Off at a bit of a tangent (again) here, but in terms of free speech, the story of 'Harry the Owl' (real name Harry Miller) on Twitter is chilling. Worth a google.

This?

I've seen this quote a lot in the last few weeks.

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you, true power is observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone else can control you, breathe and allow things to pass."

So a 12 year old Aston Villa fan has now been arrested for sending shockingly racist images via twitter to Zaha of Crystal Palace. There's always been isolated incidents, but looking at the images, which really are quite extreme (way worse than the Fword fan's tweet earlier this year), it's hard to imagine this kid would have done this without the absolute tsunami of race baiting over the past 6 weeks.

This?

Yes, that's him. Despite the light hearted nature of that interview, the fundamental points he makes are so important. Here's another gem: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...mp/uk-45650462

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast