+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Just because you're offended

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T:- Just because you're offended

doesn't mean that your opinion is correct. I'm sure that this applies to some on here.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-07-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    doesn't mean that your opinion is correct. I'm sure that this applies to some on here.
    You mean, I'm actually allowed to think for myself and have my own opinion?

Thank God for that, my knees are bolloxed with all that kneeling.

My chiropractor has never been busier.

There is no such thing as a correct opinion, Observer. For example, my opinion is that it would be better if the monarchy was restricted (in terms of the civil purse) to the Queen and her immediate family.
    That is neither correct nor incorrect, merely a cause for agreement or disagreement.

A post in a comments section I stumbled across......

"The assumption that only the perception of those taking offense is sufficient to define bias is especially pernicious, whether it be an accusation of misogyny, transphobia, racism or any other bias. At the extreme, this surrenders the ground to every pathological narcissist or delusional paranoid. Any thoughtful consideration that falls out of the accepted canon of thought can be attributed to unconscious bias or privilege and thus dismissed. It is mind control that rivals any cult."

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A post in a comments section I stumbled across......

"The assumption that only the perception of those taking offense is sufficient to define bias is especially pernicious, whether it be an accusation of misogyny, transphobia, racism or any other bias. At the extreme, this surrenders the ground to every pathological narcissist or delusional paranoid. Any thoughtful consideration that falls out of the accepted canon of thought can be attributed to unconscious bias or privilege and thus dismissed. It is mind control that rivals any cult."
    Or This;

''Better a thousandfold abuse of free speech than denial of free speech. The abuse dies in a day; the denial slays the life of the people.”

Charles Bradlaugh, 1880.

Freedom of speech, it's like someone wants to put their hand over your mouth, and no one wants that, do they?

Attachment 16281

I’d be interested if the OP has any actual examples of the point they’re trying to make.

When I was a union rep I represented a bloke who invited his manager to ‘**** off’ and also informed him he was a ‘fat ****’. I really wish I’d have tried the free speech defence and seen how far it got us.

Many of the internet free speech warriors here and elsewhere would of course say not only should he have he been sacked, but they don’t believe in trade unions either.

These days, if you say you're English, you'll be arrested and thrown in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Don't be ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Don't be ridiculous!
    Just done 5 days, only got out when I told them my great grandparents were Irish.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast