+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T:- Just because you're offended

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    There'll always be 1 in 10,000 whatever the issue.

I'm offended anyone is seriously offended. Move on.
    Correct, there will always be 1 in 10,000 whatever the issue, but I don't see the problem when that 1 in 10,000 is called to account. Putting him in the spotlight seems to me better than just letting him get away with it, and the more his type are shown up for what they are the sooner we'll advance to it being 1 in 11,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Correct, there will always be 1 in 10,000 whatever the issue, but I don't see the problem when that 1 in 10,000 is called to account. Putting him in the spotlight seems to me better than just letting him get away with it, and the more his type are shown up for what they are the sooner we'll advance to it being 1 in 11,000.
    You'd hope so but I suspect it just encourages another half dozen idiots to have their 5 mins of fame. And it still doesn't justify McColdrick or any other being so offended. Sticks and stones etc - the old ones are always the best.

Now Linux are removing the technical terms "master" and "slave" from their systems. Jeez, nothing better to do. Until this BLM it had never occurred to me, and no doubt millions of others, that the terms referred to anything other than which part was controlling which. The the fluck has it got to do with BLM? Snowflakes. When will the colour Yellow be banned? Oh yea, Huawei.

I think the first couple of lines would have benefited from a little more thought.

Name:  EczQQbJWsAIHUMP.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  98.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    I've always been concerned about the politicising of the police but didn't realise just how far it had gone, I could never have envisaged a day when they were making their own "laws".
    I’ve read the outcome of the judicial review Miller called for, and it’s very balanced (all 65 pages of it). In essence it says that the Police guidelines are justified in law, but that PC Gul’s actions didn’t fit the guidelines, mainly because there was basically no evidence of hate in Miller’s tweets (so no non-crime hate incident should have been recorded), and because the only person who complained to the police went out of her way to read the tweets and didn’t know him (so the tweets were not directed at her).

It’s all very detailed and clearly reasoned, but a bit difficult to read without falling asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    It’s all very detailed and clearly reasoned, but a bit difficult to read without falling asleep!
    Well, that covers 85% of the posts on NCM. The rest is just sh!t (including all of my posts).

To quote my favourite Senior Serviceman,
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'll admit to being having beeddhaving a drink.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567