+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Do you trust Google?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I want to know if people trust them. I don't. I have my reasons. People may have a different view.

If people don't want to comment. Fair enough.

Is there a lockdown on here as well Cam?

Very heavy handed.
    Heavy handed would have been to just delete the thread as yet another one you started without any context or comment. How many times do you have to be asked not to do this? So if you don't trust them, explain why and then people can either agree with, disagree with or no comment.

Just to give cam some 'context'...google have a history of dubious tax payments

Latest link suggests they are trying to clean house or have they found another loophole?

Hence my question.

Do you trust google.? I don't

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Heavy handed would have been to just delete the thread as yet another one you started without any context or comment. How many times do you have to be asked not to do this? So if you don't trust them, explain why and then people can either agree with, disagree with or no comment.
    There is a lot of exaggeration in here cam isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Yes, but I understand how the algorithms base results on your web history. I suspect that you don't. I have been a web developer for 24 years and it is ***** that I understand why and how Google will show different results on my computer to yours, unless of course I delete my complete browsing history and use a VPN.

You could of course simply use https://duckduckgo.com/ and you would see exactly the same results as I do. But then there'd be no faux conspiracy theory for you to attempt to "stimulate debate" about.

The missing word is v i t a l
    In 1996 robin li developed rankdex first search engine with site scoring algorithms .
    Same time you were web developing?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    There is a lot of exaggeration in here cam isn't there?
    Not sure where the exaggeration is? Just take a look back at the number of times you start threads or post links with no comment or narrative from yourself. You'd be surprised. I suppose I could disable your ability to post links but that would be like cutting off your arms.

One good thing has come out of this. Don't forget your tenner to the hospice https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38258975

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not sure where the exaggeration is? Just take a look back at the number of times you start threads or post links with no comment or narrative from yourself. You'd be surprised. I suppose I could disable your ability to post links but that would be like cutting off your arms.

One good thing has come out of this. Don't forget your tenner to the hospice https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38258975
    I used to quite value idiot's contributions but he's now become a caricature of himself. How anyone can believe his OP related to taxes is beyond me. But then again who really cares; there are so many agendas displayed on MM that the only sensible thing is to go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    In 1996 robin li developed rankdex first search engine with site scoring algorithms .
    Same time you were web developing?
    Great Googling. Netscape Navigator was the dogs at the time.

You are doubting my credentials? Try it. I will tie you in knots Taff

I have kept things simple for laymen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast