+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilt out and Warne bids to bring back loan trio

Think Tilt was a crazy panic buy and given a daft contract to boot. We never seem to research injury history of players we sign.

Dan Barlaser would be THE signing,get him in Waney.

Who does Warney answer to? January transfer window was a shambles Tilt + Adelakun & Koroma brought nothing to the side. Hope Warney's learned from that. But keeping players like Jones & Price says he hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Who does Warney answer to? January transfer window was a shambles Tilt + Adelakun & Koroma brought nothing to the side. Hope Warney's learned from that. But keeping players like Jones & Price says he hasn't.
    GRU, Iversen has left with nothing to say he will be back. Bilboe has also left the club leaving us with just Price and a 17 year old understudy.
    You say get rid rid of Price, okay let's do that. Now who's our first choice keeper?

Don't get the logic with our transfer business at times. First of all how can players who hardly ever feature and in their middle 30s get new contracts in a higher division, we show too much loyalty and not enough backbone imo.

I knew Curtis Tilt was a mistake signing from beginning. He was injured to start with and he's what 28, 29 year old never played in the championship. I'm just baffled sometimes with how we go about things.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Don't get the logic with our transfer business at times. First of all how can players who hardly ever feature and in their middle 30s get new contracts in a higher division, we show too much loyalty and not enough backbone imo.

I knew Curtis Tilt was a mistake signing from beginning. He was injured to start with and he's what 28, 29 year old never played in the championship. I'm just baffled sometimes with how we go about things.
    I for one am glad we are so crap at management because if we were any good we'd be playing along with the Premiership show ponies

I’m just going to stick a humble pie in oven

Seriously Tilt is only missing a month or two into season and will be back before anyone get injured no doubt.

He was never going to get in over icky and Robertson. So why did we buy him?

Name me one central defender who was top class like semi icky broadfoot who was instantly good? I can’t think of one it took the quickest half a season to show results and that was semi. Defenders need a lot of time to show results because if they miss time something or think another player has the ball and doesn’t your going to leak goals in.

The days of buying players to fit right in has gone, now it’s train up your time will come.

I stand by Tilt even if no one else does

Bloodyhell I thought I was bad, what’s all hate with Tilt? he hardly had any play time but from what I saw I thought he looked good and was looking forward to seeing him play

I agree that our transfer can be a mystery at times
    Last edited by millertop; 09-07-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Warne has wanted 4 CHs for sometime. I think at the time (January), we only had 2 CHs with Wood and Ihekwe. Robertson out for the season, with CH cover from Thompson and Mattock out with suspensions. Imagine the moaning if we hadn't signed anyone in Jan, then either Ihekwe or Wood got suspended or injured (especially as Ihekwe has out for the beginning of the season), as we went into the end of the season.

Plus there were many at the end of last season saying we needed to get rid of Wood for being too old at 34, now we are saying Tilt is too old at 28.

We have the same scenario every time we sign a player.
    Very little time to settle and prove there worth.

Rodak been an example according to quite a few he wasn’t good enough.

It’s the RUFC supporters way I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast