+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KNVB announce protocol for fans in stadium 20/21 season

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    How will Forest sell all their tickets
    They won't. No change there

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Sounds like just another day at the City ground. I assume this is Cloggie football league rules?
    Yes, GP. I thought putting KNVB in the title of the post might make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m with MoP on this one...just won’t work. As regards PP - and the majority of UK grounds - if the capacity is reduced to approximately 30% how will that affect season ticket holders? Surely such fans make up at least 65% of Derby’s crowds...probably a much higher percentage for the likes of the top Premier League clubs.
    30%-ish would be 11000, approx half of the number of ST's we sell. Not a lot of room for non-STH's.....

Some kind of "lottery"?

Maybe STH's could give the names of people they always sit with? They get to go to the same game as always then they miss out on the next one or two games to allow the other STH's to attend a game.

If they allow, say, half the STH's in then, looking at this season's matches, obviously the DYS and the Red Dogs are the two BIG matches. You see one, you don't see the other.

They would then have to work out a compensation scheme for the games you have missed.

How that would work for non STH's who, for various reasons, can't get to all the games through work or can't afford an STH like a family of Mam, Dad and 4 kids or for folk like me who live abroad on limited means and a vinyl habit to feed is a hard one. I always get back for the Red Dogs and choose any other trips carefully although in the past 8 or 9 years I've somehow ended up watching us V Reading 3 times.......

Another option might be to, based on STH's getting a ticket for half of the games (how you halve 23 will be interesting, probably an 11 and a 12) and they offer 2 different ST's. Again based on this season, one would have the DYS, the other the Red Dogs etc......

They would then have to have a way of checking you haven't bought one of each....... to be fair to everybody.

One hell of a task but one which will leave nobody will be 100% happy

I'm sure it would be clear to people who have heard of KNVB. But for those of us who haven't, IJARLA.

Further to my previous post, if 2 households can meet and have a meal together then I think that 2 households should be able to sit together. This would increase the capacity even further.

I suspect that very few people go and watch a match on their own, so most of the stadium would be made up of groups of 2,3 or 4 seats with social distancing to the next group. I would think that the ground could be a lot closer to half the capacity.

You would have to agree to time slots for entry into the stadium and everyone would have to leave in an orderly fashion after the final whistle.

I'm sure it would be clear to people who have heard of KNVB. But for those of us who haven't, IJARLA.
    Go to the home page of this forum and do a search on KNVB.........

You will find loads of posts using both the acronym KNVB and the words Dutch FA or Dutch Football Association and many were NOT posted by me.

Life's too short. Apologies for being too dumb to understand foreign acronyms.. I will try harder in the future.

So that will need to be be scrapped and accounting redone. If its the only way to get crowds in, it will have to happen. The money received will have to go back anyway unless solutions such as this can be found.
    Yep...guess you’re right. As Ram suggests...it’s very complex. Presumably family (same address) groups will be able to sit together but have to be ‘segregated’ from others. Fortunately most clubs will already have the database information they need to enable this to be done and won’t have to rely on people’s ‘honesty’.
    Probably less risk in a stadium than a pub/restaurant/theatre. Possibly masks should be compulsory in the concourse areas or until seats have been located?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-07-2020 at 12:17 PM.

And of course no lending your season ticket to a mate outside your household if you can't go

Life's too short. Apologies for being too dumb to understand foreign acronyms.. I will try harder in the future.
    It's one used on here many, many times GP. Is your memory going? You never worried about the acronym before

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)