+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ta ra

Ta ra

That's it. I'm done with football. It's ****. It leaves me in a **** mood. It's corrupt. It's not entertaining. It's boring. I don't care about football anymore. I will stick flags in my car every couple of years and ask who the England manager is.

I'll say this "it's been emotional. And, as always, **** the baggies"

I hear you Sam, when Var clearly shows no contact and still gives a pen then you know the world is against you!
    You will be back, its in the blood. We are going down, there is no doubt about it but seeing a good start go down the pan, this could get embarrassing. Ours heads have fell off. Just where is our 80 million pound man, is he on the pitch?
    Cannot be bothered to slate the rest they are all **** apart from Luiz.
    Oh well, off goes the tv and on goes a bit of COD!!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    That's it. I'm done with football. It's ****. It leaves me in a **** mood. It's corrupt. It's not entertaining. It's boring. I don't care about football anymore. I will stick flags in my car every couple of years and ask who the England manager is.

I'll say this "it's been emotional. And, as always, **** the baggies"
    I know how you feel Sam, but unfortunately, AVFC is my cross to bear, that and my unquenching thirst for Stella Artois.

I feel for the Young Villan at times. All his mates over here are all red, of various depictions. Last night I said to him that he needn’t feel obliged to follow Dad’s team. He fired straight back, “Dad, I’m Villa, it’s what I am, and that’s what I’ll remain”.

So, Sam, we’re Villa, it’s what we are, and what we’ll remain. It’s our Club mate. The colours, the History, Villa Park and our rivalries. It’s not passing players, managers or the latest custodians. It’s that feeling you get walking up to Villa Park, that rush of adrenalin-filled ecstasy when we score, never mind win.

No mate, no one promised it would be a fun journey. We didn’t choose a glory hunters path of whoever’s doing well at that time,

As the saying goes, we did not choose, we were chosen!!!

Onwards & Upwards Sam, VTID, UTV and of course SOTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    I know how you feel Sam, but unfortunately, AVFC is my cross to bear, that and my unquenching thirst for Stella Artois.

I feel for the Young Villan at times. All his mates over here are all red, of various depictions. Last night I said to him that he needn’t feel obliged to follow Dad’s team. He fired straight back, “Dad, I’m Villa, it’s what I am, and that’s what I’ll remain”.

So, Sam, we’re Villa, it’s what we are, and what we’ll remain. It’s our Club mate. The colours, the History, Villa Park and our rivalries. It’s not passing players, managers or the latest custodians. It’s that feeling you get walking up to Villa Park, that rush of adrenalin-filled ecstasy when we score, never mind win.

No mate, no one promised it would be a fun journey. We didn’t choose a glory hunters path of whoever’s doing well at that time,

As the saying goes, we did not choose, we were chosen!!!

Onwards & Upwards Sam, VTID, UTV and of course SOTC.
    Putting rivalries aside that Exiled is a brilliant post and what being a true fan is all about.

You can change your job, you can change your girlfriend, you can even change your underpants. But you can never never ever change your football team.

You can change your team 923 - seen it done a good few times but not by me or many others, it's what being a football fan is all about.

I've always loved the passion of the game, but the constant bias towards the top 6 by pundits and the branding of football at the top level has tarnished it massively. Doesn't feel like it belongs to fans anymore, just TV subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    You can change your team 923 - seen it done a good few times but not by me or many others, it's what being a football fan is all about.

I've always loved the passion of the game, but the constant bias towards the top 6 by pundits and the branding of football at the top level has tarnished it massively. Doesn't feel like it belongs to fans anymore, just TV subscribers.
    Clue is in the word 'true' and a true fan can't change their team.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Putting rivalries aside that Exiled is a brilliant post and what being a true fan is all about.

You can change your job, you can change your girlfriend, you can even change your underpants. But you can never never ever change your football team.
    Mmmm, change underpants??? Must be a modern thing that passed me by.

Rivals and rivalries are also an incredibly important part of supporting a club. Without them, it just wouldn’t be the same 923.

So I thank you in advance 923, for any barbs hurled this way in the future. I expect there to be some heavy traffic on here once our fate is confirmed. Not just from the two blue and white sections of the West Mids either. As it looks like the “Cloons from the Toon” are still suffering, 11 years on, bless em.

UTV.

I live in Leicestershire. LCFC won the premier league the season we were relegated. I could easily change alliances except, like its been said, I haven't chosen I have been chosen!

Just having a look... If Watford and West Ham win today I would immidately sack Terry and Smith and release a statement saying we are reverting back to the original 5 year plan, where we build up a team in the championship with the only aim being to win it outright and come up stronger. Then I'd take the next few months to find the right manager for the job.

With you on that Sam and it could have been easy for you to jump ship and go glory hunting. I'm sure the Future King could gave followed the prawn sandwich brigade down at Chelsea but he followed his heart and became a villa fan and so admire him for this!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    With you on that Sam and it could have been easy for you to jump ship and go glory hunting. I'm sure the Future King could gave followed the prawn sandwich brigade down at Chelsea but he followed his heart and became a villa fan and so admire him for this!
    He's a fan! It would not have been easy it would have been impossible.

Barbs from me! Only if if I can find something witty (a first for me I hear you cry) and truly cutting to add to your woes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)