+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long re-signs

Long re-signs

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/...to-motherwell/

Of the many things I didn't see coming this year, this is one.

No, I didn't see this coming either. I wonder where that leaves the Callum Lang saga? Pretty pleased at this news. Long looks promising and knows the club.

Competition for every place is what I think Robinson is trying to do and hopefully gone are they days where your name guaranteed you a starting slot. Don’t see any areas at the moment that look week Roll on the new season

Burrows had always said negotiations with Long were ongoing, we would have considered that he would yet stay while moving for Lang.

At a complete guess, I think the two scenarios are different enough that Long doesn't rule out Lang. Long was likely away until the coronavirus changed his chance of an offer and suddenly delaying his move home for a one-year deal seemed fine. Whether we adjusted our offer, a la Tait, who knows.

Lang, however, if we actually buy him is clearly meant as an investment to make us money and as such would be a long-term project. Whether we actually pay cash/write off the Kipre clause I've no idea but if he does come permanently you would expect a three-year deal so we can sell at the optimal (price) moment in 12-18 months.

But who knows...from pleading poverty and caution we have had an excellent summer of business to date.

Just in from the golf to find we have got Long's signature sealed up. Good news indeed. The anticipation for the new season is growing.

Pleased about this. He’s got something about him - if Robinson can get his positive nature to the fore rather than the degree of petulance/negativity which seems to surface occasionally, then we have a player who can make a difference. He’s got pace and a cracking shot on him, so I look forward to seeing what a focused Chris Long can bring to the team.

Pleased with this signing. Was really coming on to a game when the season was stopped. The guy has pace to burn and will be an asset for us no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Just in from the golf to find we have got Long's signature sealed up. Good news indeed. The anticipation for the new season is growing.
    Any birdies ??

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Burrows had always said negotiations with Long were ongoing, we would have considered that he would yet stay while moving for Lang.

At a complete guess, I think the two scenarios are different enough that Long doesn't rule out Lang. Long was likely away until the coronavirus changed his chance of an offer and suddenly delaying his move home for a one-year deal seemed fine. Whether we adjusted our offer, a la Tait, who knows.

Lang, however, if we actually buy him is clearly meant as an investment to make us money and as such would be a long-term project. Whether we actually pay cash/write off the Kipre clause I've no idea but if he does come permanently you would expect a three-year deal so we can sell at the optimal (price) moment in 12-18 months.

But who knows...from pleading poverty and caution we have had an excellent summer of business to date.
    Not sure if I can handle this TBH. I'm hearing we're also looking at that young Chinese forward Kwiss Ling. If we play 4-3-3, the commentators are gonna have a 'mare ... 'It's Long - to Ling - back to Long - Lang at the back post - Ling's moving in - Long backing up Lang - Lang passes to Long - Long lays in Ling - saved - back to Lang - and it's a Long overdue goal! Sorry, it's OFFSIDE.

Sieb - I think you’ll find Kwiss Ling is Norwegian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)