+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Officials

Celtic are holding a pre-season training camp at Loughborough University on the way to France for some friendlies. It's odd they asked Harrogate rather than us, as it's only down the road. But that was perhaps the problem, they perhaps feared that too many fans would turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Celtic are holding a pre-season training camp at Loughborough University on the way to France for some friendlies. It's odd they asked Harrogate rather than us, as it's only down the road. But that was perhaps the problem, they perhaps feared that too many fans would turn up.
    Last thing we want is this imo. If it was a money spinner then yes, of course, but having the team chase shadows for 90 minutes is not good prep. You do need decent opposition, but this reminds me of the pre-season Leicester and Derby games a few years back. Yes, good to see decent opposition at the lane, but it did not do the team any good being trounced.

Its a fine balance, as winning 17-1 also instils a false belief, but I'd sooner them get confidence on the ball than have doubts of their ability to defend.

So, I'd take friendlies against teams in and around our level (one division higher to one below) to at least have a bit of a competitive nature about it.

Any news on how it went

Quote Originally Posted by DAZH View Post
    Any news on how it went

Pies 1-3 Dorks.

Quote Originally Posted by DAZH View Post
    Any news on how it went
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Pies 1-3 Dorks.
    To plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12