+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: coaches engaging in legal ***ual activity

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I think you have misjudged what millertop meant.
    I don’t think he’s condoning anything.
    Do you know what Millertop means then Yak? How do you read it? Should the child abuse victims in Rotherham have spoken up at the time? Should Millertop be equally annoyed about those kids?

You see for me child abuse is child abuse whether it be carried out by sports coaches, taxi drivers, gangs, parents or who ever.

I have done some sport coaching of kids and have had to go on courses about child protection apart from having regular DBS checks. If you work with kids you know what the boundaries are it is quite clear.There is simply no excuse for having ***ual relationships with kids under 18. The onus is on the adult not the kid.

https://www.sportanddev.org/en/learn...guarding-sport
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-07-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not wishing to get into an argument with you on this millertop but maybe it was not easy for them to say no at the time. Maybe they were frightened to or thought that it may have a negative impact on their careers if they did.. There could be a number of reasons why they didn't report this at the time.Remember you are talking about kids here basically.

The folks who have carried these crimes out -which they plainly are- are wholly to blame for this in my opinion. They knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong. They were exploiting the situation to their benefit. Indeed, if they work with children they will have had to do courses on child protection and welfare as all adults do nowadays who work with kids. If a teacher did it everyone. including you, would be up in arms about it and rightly so.

I would respectfully suggest you try to put yourself in the shoes of the kids in question before making your comments on here about this.
    Spot on Roly.

Do you know what Millertop means then Yak? How do you read it? Should the child abuse victims in Rotherham have spoken up at the time? Should Millertop be equally annoyed about those kids?

You see for me child abuse is child abuse whether it be carried out by sports coaches, taxi drivers, gangs, parents or who ever.

I have done some sport coaching of kids and have had to go on courses about child protection apart from having regular DBS checks. If you work with kids you know what the boundaries are it is quite clear.
    You didn’t see my posts on the Rotherham victims or Naz Shah then? No I suppose they were my invisible ones

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Spot on Roly.
    Very clever to quickly get your post in to make me out to be bad, very cleaver but there was really no need

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Very clever to quickly get your post in to make me out to be bad, very cleaver but there was really no need
    I think youve done that yourself.

I don't personally think you are bad millertop, for what its worth, I just thought it was a bit of a naive thing to put on here. Maybe you just need to explain yourself better.

I would be surprised if you will have many backers on here for what you have said but time will tell...

I have done some sport coaching of kids and have had to go on courses about child protection apart from having regular DBS checks. If you work with kids you know what the boundaries are it is quite clear.There is simply no excuse for having ***ual relationships with kids under 18. The onus is on the adult not the kid.

https://www.sportanddev.org/en/learn...guarding-sport
    No I don’t know for definite what millertop meant. I didn’t see that he’s condoning anything in what he said.

I’m also going on the fact of observing him as a poster and what he contributes to.
    He has been quick to criticise this kind of stuff in the past so why would he openly think this is ok now?
    He is always putting a lot of charitable posts on here and imo contributes to a lot of good causes shared on here.
    Just using my experience of my time on here and not jumping on the bandwagon that’s all.

Ffs, why didn’t they just say No, speak up at the time when it happens to let others know what’s happening it’s like blackmail Makes my blood boil

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53357381
    For them that might be fooled by Wan.
    I’m saying it’s like the kids are being blackmailed, who find it hard/scared to stand up to theses animals because they might not be believed or/and will get dropped from their career path.

Look Millertop, whatcyou wrote in your opening post is pretty clear. If its not what you intended then withdraw and apologise and I will apologise for misrepresention.

Indeed Yak he has criticised such stuff on here before and rightly so which makes his comments seem a bit odd even more so-all a bit inconsistent. To be fair to him maybe he just hasn't explained himself very well. We all do it at times it aint a crime...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-07-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast