+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rams v Bees.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39530018]I just wonder...is there still talk of the Dell owner investing in us?
    As I understand it, there’s no FFP next season. It would be unwise of anyone to invest enormously in any club with a points deduction sanction hanging over them, but once that has been dealt with, hopefully next week, might that be the time for the ‘Man from Dell’ - not Delmonte - to say, ‘yes’?

Then Swale’s four players which - although we already have the CB - I agree with, becomes a real possibility.[/QUOTE

RA we already have the CB Well we've signed a Dutch centre back who has never played Championship football . I'm sure MA will know if he can handle it Then we don't know what is happening with Clarke . Davies is passable but unable to handle twice a week football Bielic supposed to back October that means Xmas before he plays Wisdom hopefully he's at right back in place of Bogle . That leaves Evans who has done well really considering he's hardly played all season but would like to see him in the holding midfield role We need another imo Rob Dickie from Oxford very good centre back and leader

[QUOTE=mistaram;39530081]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I just wonder...is there still talk of the Dell owner investing in us?
    As I understand it, there’s no FFP next season. It would be unwise of anyone to invest enormously in any club with a points deduction sanction hanging over them, but once that has been dealt with, hopefully next week, might that be the time for the ‘Man from Dell’ - not Delmonte - to say, ‘yes’?

Then Swale’s four players which - although we already have the CB - I agree with, becomes a real possibility.[/QUOTE

RA we already have the CB Well we've signed a Dutch centre back who has never played Championship football . I'm sure MA will know if he can handle it Then we don't know what is happening with Clarke . Davies is passable but unable to handle twice a week football Bielic supposed to back October that means Xmas before he plays Wisdom hopefully he's at right back in place of Bogle . That leaves Evans who has done well really considering he's hardly played all season but would like to see him in the holding midfield role We need another imo Rob Dickie from Oxford very good centre back and leader
    I just meant Mike te Wierik, mista. Sure MA does know something about him but, tbh, I’d hope Cocu knows more and that’s why he’s chosen him.
    I know nothing about Dickie but hope Clarke stays, and as you say we have Wisdom, Davies (more than ‘passable’) and Evans. I’d welcome another, especially if Clarke goes back to Brighton but, as things are, we can’t spend it all on CB’s and I think Swale has identified what we need correctly.
    I’m optimistic that Bielik will be back before October, let alone Christmas.

A decent keeper this season would have us in the playoffs. A decent keeper last season might have seen us promoted!

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39530133]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

I just meant Mike te Wierik, mista. Sure MA does know something about him but, tbh, I’d hope Cocu knows more and that’s why he’s chosen him.
    I know nothing about Dickie but hope Clarke stays, and as you say we have Wisdom, Davies (more than ‘passable’) and Evans. I’d welcome another, especially if Clarke goes back to Brighton but, as things are, we can’t spend it all on CB’s and I think Swale has identified what we need correctly.
    I’m optimistic that Bielik will be back before October, let alone Christmas.
    If they are saying he will be fit by October, then he will need upwards of 4 weeks to get match fit and reintegrated into the side.

te Wierik is an unknown quantity, but he got 5 yellow cards and 1 red this last season so puts himself about a bit, also can play right back.

Not sure where this October thing has come from. He’s been out for six months already and all I’ve heard is Cocu saying his recovery and rehabilitation were going better than expected.

Five yellows and one red? Lightweight! Hardly registers compared with some of ours this season.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Hamer5 at fault for second goal and repeated it 10minutes later and got lucky ball sound wide of post
    Bogle 4 his defending is non existent he can't tackle and positioning is a joke ,but part of the blame for first goal
    Evans6 Played ok has to cover for the many mistakes made in front of him
    Clarke 7 the only defender we've got really little wonder we concede
    Bird5 game to far for the lad he looks knackered but he has a great future with us
    Lawrence 5 typical Lawrence performance in the periphery of everything
    Sibley 5 kept going till being subbed still learning so can't be hard on him
    Knight 6 took his goal well ,makes the wrong decision sometime but that's the learning curve
    Martin did he really play He did less than he did at WBA if that's possible
    Rooney6 He looks as though he misplaced passes sometimes but that because of the calibre of player we have who can't read them

The game went the way most of us expected I didn't think Brentford were all that good,but I suppose they never had to be A lot of work to be done in the close season Personally I think we need at least four new players plus a keeper
    Take a trip to WhoScored.
    Our best play when we came back in the first half was when we were passing positively and quickly with Martin at the heart of things. Don't believe you watched the match

Oh Chris Martins dad is back 😴

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    Take a trip to WhoScored.
    Our best play when we came back in the first half was when we were passing positively and quickly with Martin at the heart of things. Don't believe you watched the match
    Lol...that’s mista you’re talking about...he’s less likely to miss a match than Cocu, or that woman with the red hair who sits near the dug out!

Mike te Wierik. The background sounds familiar to those remembering quite a few of our signings in the "te-ens". Captain at Heracles, end of contract, moved on a free to Groningen on a 3 year deal. 3 years later, captain at Groningen, end of contract, moves on a free to DCFC.

He is a good defender. He is a leader. He is also a decent footballer who fits Cocu's preferred style of playing out from the back. It's the way he was taught as a kid and has played that way all his career. Very little doubt in my mind he has what it takes to play well in the SBC or even in the PL. The small doubt I might have would be physicality. He isn't used to playing the more hurly burly roughshod English style but I do think he should be able to handle it.

He is a right side centre half which makes 4 in all. te Wierk, Evans, Wisdom and Davies. We don't need 4 RSCH's. Davies out on loan?

Left hand side is more of a problem. Last season we had Tomori in on loan. This season Clarke. Next? We have reasonable backup in Forsyth but not a first choice. IMO we need a new LSCH of the quality of Tomori/Clarke, preferably a buy rather than a loan, unless we use Bielik at CH which, when you look at his last couple of games at DM, might not be a bad idea.

I think Rooney will be a bit part player next season. He was really good up to the crisis, good after the restart but in the last 3 games he has been off it.

Bogle appears to have lost his mojo but I must say he was way better against Brebtford than he was at WBA where I would have given him 3/10.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    A decent keeper this season would have us in the playoffs. A decent keeper last season might have seen us promoted!
    Adi that's very true just wish fans would stop going on about Carson coming back he's finished he was terrible just before he went

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)