+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rams v Bees.

Maybe move CM back to fill our gaps on central defence then?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Adi easy to quite his record since November how about his last 68 league matches 12 league goals Agree he's very good at defending corners /crosses but he's nowhere near as important as people make out We've won dozens of matches without him ,including playoffs and a final Its only the last few weeks because his contract is ending that he's shown anything Decent player But not essential especially in his present wage . As for Lawrence if you had spent has much money as me going round the country watching the team and seen some of his shameful performances he's put in Not really relevant to say where would we be without those thirty goals because if they were not playing we wouldn't be playing with nine players someone one else would be playing and may have scored more goals than them I want Prem football and to get that you have to be consistent neither of those have been for a long time Of course they are both decent players but you won't get promotion if you are inconsistent
    I get that, however, IMO that stat lacks context. The context is the background of ulcerative colitis. That explains his barren period and that, in turn, puts it into perspective.

My understanding of the current state of play is that he's resigned to a drop in wages. The sticking point is the length of the contract. He wants 2 years and, in that time, do his badges. The club has offered a 1 year contract with an option of a 2nd. The club can trigger the option, the player can't.

He’s an enigma isn’t he? Excellent under McClaren from Sept.’13 until his injury in 2015...but even then...a ‘diver’ with a poor attitude when things weren’t going right.
    Never really got it back after that, imo, and when Clement oddly made him captain he was, again imo, a candidate for Derby’s worst leader of all time.
    He then seemed to lose direction and next came the horrible and debilitating illness which more than completely explained his loss of form.

Since late autumn I think we’ve seen the return of something like the old Chris Martin. He’s been involved in good build up play and scored some important goals, but again, only a couple of matches ago against WBA, he was back to his mardy, ‘head shaking’ self...setting a very poor example to our young players.
    Not sure what the answer is. He could be a more than useful squad player next season, but only on a much reduced deal and with no accompanying mardiness.

Are you suggesting DCFC could make mardiness a breach of contract allowing it to be voidable? Could be fun

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I get that, however, IMO that stat lacks context. The context is the background of ulcerative colitis. That explains his barren period and that, in turn, puts it into perspective.

My understanding of the current state of play is that he's resigned to a drop in wages. The sticking point is the length of the contract. He wants 2 years and, in that time, do his badges. The club has offered a 1 year contract with an option of a 2nd. The club can trigger the option, the player can't.
    With respect MA the terms for his contract are not what you say they were the terms Huddleston wanted but the club wouldn't budge in length of contract As for CM we know all about his illness and it is an incurable illness So his sudden upsurge in interest and form is nothing to do with his contract I don't have an issue with him he's a decent player. Just can't see why fans think he's crucial to the way we player ,he wasn't even wanted till November . Hes ok but not to keep in the Prem wage he's been getting We could get two very good players for the wage he's been on

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    With respect MA the terms for his contract are not what you say they were the terms Huddleston wanted but the club wouldn't budge in length of contract As for CM we know all about his illness and it is an incurable illness So his sudden upsurge in interest and form is nothing to do with his contract I don't have an issue with him he's a decent player. Just can't see why fans think he's crucial to the way we player ,he wasn't even wanted till November . Hes ok but not to keep in the Prem wage he's been getting We could get two very good players for the wage he's been on
    Yet another great flick setting up Sibley's run for Kinght's goal. I don't think I've posted he's crucial to the way we play. What I have written is that, outside of the Prem, he's he's the best hold up player/target man about. For games where you play a target man, there isn't anyone better. There will be games where you want a Waggy or a Marriott rather than a Martin OR perm any 2 from 3 depending on the tactics for that game. There will always be room on the bench for a change of tactic. That is what Chrissy offers and is why I'd offer him a contract on lower wages then he's currently on. Nobody else is going to offer him what he's now on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)