+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Update from Dane .....

Update from Dane .....

The Reds' CEO gives fans his thoughts ahead of the weekend's clash with Wigan Athletic.

Good evening, Reds.

I hope that you are continuing to be safe and well amidst these difficult times.

The restart of the Sky Bet Championship has been relentless, as tomorrow’s fixture against Wigan Athletic marks our sixth game in three weeks. The pressure is irrefutably on the Club to deliver and continue in its fight.

Impressive form following the resumption of play was welcomed, but we must now regroup, refocus and as a collective, attack the remaining four games with everything we have. Please believe me when I say, we will fight until the very last whistle. That is the least I expect from our team, and the least that, as fans, you deserve.

As I have touched on previously, we await clarity on what next season will look like for fans in stadiums and also the division we will compete in. Even with the uncertainty, our community has rallied around its club. You Reds never cease to amaze, as on July 2, we reached a significant milestone of 7,000 seasonal members for the 2020/21 season.
    Despite the difficulties we have faced this season, your loyalty, commitment and desire for the club hasn’t wavered. Our campaign, ‘Today. Tomorrow. Always.’ couldn’t be more apt, as you epitomise it.

I must also take this opportunity to congratulate Barnsley FC Ladies, who have recently appointed a new Head Coach for their open age team. We wish them well as they look to begin preparations ahead of their debut season in the Sheffield and Hallamshire Women’s and Girls’ League.

Finally, for tomorrow’s match, we welcome Wigan Athletic to Oakwell. A storied Club who have recently fallen on tough circumstance. I have no doubt that it has been an extremely difficult week for everybody connected to the Club and I can only offer my sympathy and best wishes for those directly impacted by the news. 

Yet, those complications have made this fixture all the more significant. On the pitch, we must remain professional and ensure we collect three points.

As I have said to staff over the last weeks, we may not be the biggest club in the EFL, but if we all remain together, side by side, we are one of the strongest. 

Enjoy the game tomorrow and stay safe!

Dane

That last but one sentence ez set me off ruerrin, Churchillian.

He's copied an old script which he's found what flitcroft left behind and just made it posher only difference is flitcroft MEANT it

We all remain together , side by side , we are the strongest .

Well let's see how that works out in league one , nothing guaranteed that the league one season will even begin and a club still to finance .

Fans have renewed to the tune of 7k .

So in essence the fans have remained together , side by side .

What about you owners ?

You lot up for this then ?

We'll see in due course how ALL together we really are .

That speech ez lifted the club, fans and the Tarn community.

It's azzif Winston Churchill worrin the room.

Dane ez sed the owners are not going to put in a penny.
    The players ev refused a wage cut or deferral.
    But, az Dane sez, the fans never cease to amaze him by purrin in their hard-earned brass. The drop from 11,000 Members to 7000, all at 20%+ reduced prices will be a big drop in income. Sponsors will not be happy at the prospect of low crowds and little media exposure in the Third Division. Thuzza lot mooar than on the pitch relegation riding on next four games.

The Great Dane !! At leerst he tries duz lad , and uses moor than 21 words !! Strubers apartment lease ends in August av been telld , iz probably buyin an house up Kendray , he wa seen darn Redhill Avenue tutha week

"Even with the uncertainty, our community has rallied around its club. You Reds never cease to amaze"

He's amazed that we have 7k gullable fans that fall for the sh1te that comes out of the club!

Well what I say is: I know you think you are being loyal to the club but if we do go down, which looks more and more likely the chances are we will go into administration? Don't think for a minute you will see a penny of your loyalty money back as that will go straight to Dog!

[QUOTE=perkytyke;39529728]"Even with the uncertainty, our community has rallied around its club. You Reds never cease to amaze"

He's amazed that we have 7k gullable fans that fall for the sh1te that comes out of the club!

Well what I say is: I know you think you are being loyal to the club but if we do go down, which looks more and more likely the chances are we will go into administration? Don't think for a minute you will see a penny of your loyalty money back as that will go
    My thoughts exactly Perks, I would be amazed when these muppets started to show loyalty