+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality check...

Reality check...

Just been messaged that the Sun are reporting that Dee players need to accept a reduced salary or contracts suspended.
    I don’t have an issue with this as I don’t regards footballers exempt from the harsh realities of life and decisions made in the best interests of the business,I genuinely applaud the club for being upfront the whole country is financially ****ed but clubs in Scotland appear to be saying yeh it’s fine...if the club have topped up their salary during furlough and now they are saying no thanks I would say just go ,irrespective of who you are,good luck finding a club just now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Just been messaged that the Sun are reporting that Dee players need to accept a reduced salary or contracts suspended.
    I don’t have an issue with this as I don’t regards footballers exempt from the harsh realities of life and decisions made in the best interests of the business,I genuinely applaud the club for being upfront the whole country is financially ****ed but clubs in Scotland appear to be saying yeh it’s fine...if the club have topped up their salary during furlough and now they are saying no thanks I would say just go ,irrespective of who you are,good luck finding a club just now...
    Agree with you, they ain’t working so why should we pay them, everyone of them would take a move to another club if they were offered more money, loyalty ain’t there these days

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Agree with you, they ain’t working so why should we pay them, everyone of them would take a move to another club if they were offered more money, loyalty ain’t there these days
    Massive chance to reset the whole game in Scotland has been missed.

Ludicrous amounts of money being paid to second rate players, and entertainment at an all time low.

In my opinion football players throughout Scotland should be very careful what they decide to do as there are going to be a lot of them who are going to have difficulty getting a full time contract at another club on the same wages.
    Last night there was a article on BBC Reporting Scotland about Stephen O’Donnell who is now out of work and not receiving any money. From memory I seem to remember that Stephen O'Donnell tuned down the offer of a new contract with Kilmarnock. Sometimes a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I think this has been handled pretty badly by the club. Why are we getting stories about Hemmings being the only one to refuse?why are we getting stories of wage cuts at all? And if we are getting them,why was the first story not that John Nelms was taking a pay cut?

And why are we needing pay cuts when we have the best worded insurance policy in the whole world?

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    I think this has been handled pretty badly by the club. Why are we getting stories about Hemmings being the only one to refuse?why are we getting stories of wage cuts at all? And if we are getting them,why was the first story not that John Nelms was taking a pay cut?

And why are we needing pay cuts when we have the best worded insurance policy in the whole world?
    I would think it’s hard to keep this out the news, agents would be first to turn to the media, I don’t know for sure but I’d think Nelms, if his wages are paid by the club would have taken a reduction, it’s not just our insurance policy being challenged, but let’s hope the challenge is defeated in the courts and we get back on a sound footing,

I think the club falls down when we can’t even have new strips on sale half way into July, that’s money they could have had in from May

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Massive chance to reset the whole game in Scotland has been missed.

Ludicrous amounts of money being paid to second rate players, and entertainment at an all time low.
    Couldn’t agree more, but we’ll never see change due to greedy chairmen only interested in there own clubs and never football in this country, I never understood why they never changed the voting system when rangers went down to league 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I would think it’s hard to keep this out the news, agents would be first to turn to the media, I don’t know for sure but I’d think Nelms, if his wages are paid by the club would have taken a reduction, it’s not just our insurance policy being challenged, but let’s hope the challenge is defeated in the courts and we get back on a sound footing,

I think the club falls down when we can’t even have new strips on sale half way into July, that’s money they could have had in from May
    Aberdeen's insurance was obviously paying out,until it was cancelled. We have a man at dens,not even sure what his job is, but he has been telling everyone how clever he was getting a policy that was watertight. Then he was telling us how ST refunds couldn't be processed until the insurance pays out,despite their being no correlation between those things.

As for keeping the news out the press, the club must have known this would leak.so last week,the press release should have said, " Nelms takes pay cut to help club,urges players to follow suit"

Now tho Kane has been hung out to dry

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Aberdeen's insurance was obviously paying out,until it was cancelled. We have a man at dens,not even sure what his job is, but he has been telling everyone how clever he was getting a policy that was watertight. Then he was telling us how ST refunds couldn't be processed until the insurance pays out,despite their being no correlation between those things.

As for keeping the news out the press, the club must have known this would leak.so last week,the press release should have said, " Nelms takes pay cut to help club,urges players to follow suit"

Now tho Kane has been hung out to dry
    That’s interesting regards the ST refunds ,guy in my street went to get a refund on the postponed game in February against Arbroath and was told it was subject to an insurance claim ,I said to him surely that’s before the whole Covid malarkey....sounds dodgy AF....

That’s interesting regards the ST refunds ,guy in my street went to get a refund on the postponed game in February against Arbroath and was told it was subject to an insurance claim ,I said to him surely that’s before the whole Covid malarkey....sounds dodgy AF....
    The way I see it,the club should offer the refunds regardless of any outcome with the insurance,because it's the right thing to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)