+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ifollow refund

Ifollow refund

Anyone else had an email confirming a 19% refund on their subscription? I've been emailing backwards and forwards asking for this, but wasn't very optimistic they'd actually deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Anyone else had an email confirming a 19% refund on their subscription? I've been emailing backwards and forwards asking for this, but wasn't very optimistic they'd actually deliver.
    Yes I got the same email. What a pleasant surprise it was too.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes I got the same email. What a pleasant surprise it was too.
    Nope but if it negatively affects the club I don't want it. Its not much money anyway it was about 50 quid for the season or something including all live games.

Yes, apparently a refund equivalent to two month’s subscription.

Does anyone know how much the club receives from these subscriptions?

EDIT: according to this 2018 story from the Beeb clubs receive between 70 and 80%. Better than I thought it would be, if correct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45894676
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-07-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Nope but if it negatively affects the club I don't want it. Its not much money anyway it was about 50 quid for the season or something including all live games.
    I'd rather give money directly to the club in other ways (like lifeline) than pay a third party for a service that's frequently rubbish and has been non-existent for several months, with an unknown percentage maybe going to Notts or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone know how much the club receives from these subscriptions?

EDIT: according to this 2018 story from the Beeb clubs receive between 70 and 80%. Better than I thought it would be, if correct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45894676
    Mm, although it looks like those figures are for live streaming which most of us can't access, rather than the other services.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I'd rather give money directly to the club in other ways (like lifeline) than pay a third party for a service that's frequently rubbish and has been non-existent for several months, with an unknown percentage maybe going to Notts or maybe not.
    I get that but it's my only channel for watching Notts live. The content is not great other than the live games. Shame they are not screening the play offs. COYP.

(I also got the email)

I think the Accrington chairman once posted how much it was worth to them on twitter and he wasn't a fan at all, it's mandatory in the league though, the same as the website templates every club has unless it's changed recently