+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T When the police go away, crime goes away.

People are already leaving Seattle, Minneapolis, New York where they're defunding the police.

Lots of new Detroits on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post

I think we'll give it a year or two before deciding whether to follow our daughter over there, and seeing as our other daughter is in Jax Fl, it wouldn't really be fair to her. As it is, we love living where we are now, though it seems to be very different to the west coast. Having said that, CT's neck of the woods looks fabulous. Thanks for replying.
    Action News Jax, I've watched that on the Roku app.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    There’s talk of trying to defund the police here, I don’t think we have enough police tbh
    Even though I’ve not been impressed at times I don’t think they’re that bad but there’s always going to be a few that get a bad name and rightly so in some cases.

Yes I blame the American
    Difference is that over here the left have been criticising the Tories for years for under-funding the police so that would be a massive U-turn.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    People are already leaving Seattle, Minneapolis, New York where they're defunding the police.

Lots of new Detroits on the horizon.
    Riots and National Guard on the horizon

As far as I am aware, defunding the police is meant to be about rechanneling the money saved into multi agency community work in poverty hit areas, and therefore reducing the factors that cause crime in the first place. Have a look at the Glasgow example in the 00s if interested as it had a good impact on reducing crime. If you simply defund the police and nothing else, then of course it won't work and would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    As far as I am aware, defunding the police is meant to be about rechanneling the money saved into multi agency community work in poverty hit areas, and therefore reducing the factors that cause crime in the first place. Have a look at the Glasgow example in the 00s if interested as it had a good impact on reducing crime. If you simply defund the police and nothing else, then of course it won't work and would be worse.
    Did they defund the police in Glasgow?

I suppose it could be worse.

BLM UK (as opposed to BLM USA) want to abolish the police completely, and close all the prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Did they defund the police in Glasgow?
    No, just invested in the multi agency approach with lots of focus on youth work, drugs support, community mentoring for young people, local investment. Tough policing was part of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    No, just invested in the multi agency approach with lots of focus on youth work, drugs support, community mentoring for young people, local investment. Tough policing was part of it too.
    So no need to defund the police then?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    So no need to defund the police then?
    No, but the advantage of the Glasgow approach is that it provides loads of well paid jobs for do-gooders almost always of a Left Liberal persuasion. A rope is a lot cheaper.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast