+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: O/T When the police go away, crime goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    You talk of rewriting history, but how sure are you our current version hasn't been whitewashed?

Case in point when talking of the gospel, what race do we portray Jesus as having been?
    First point; having studied and written on history for decades I am absolutely sure that all versions suffer from (I won't use whitewashing or blackwashing) a subjective input which reflects the prejudices and beliefs of the historian or the period or the class, group, party, institution or nation. Rewriting history is necessary and goes on all the time. The point I was trying to make is that the impetus in this instance is not new research or even a new interpretation of existing evidence but simply an attempt to make past events conform to a particular worldview. The Edinburgh case I thought was a reasonable example as the council appear to have adopted the viewpoint of a black professor of Life Sciences over the contrary opinions of historians expert on that period of Scottish history. The BBC did the same and presented Palmer's opinion as that of "a professor" knowing (so I believe) that most listener's would assume he was a professor in a field pertinent to the issue being discussed.
    Second point: as a Catholic and one time member of OD and well versed in Jesuit casuistry I am honestly not sure of your point here. I was always taught Jesus was a Jew, born in Palestine and speaking a Galilean dialect of Aramaic.
    By the way, I regret calling you a disgrace. It was unfair and I should not have said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I think it depends on what part of the world you are from. Europeans cast Jesus as white but in different parts of the world he's not. To honest I'm not bothered what colour he is, don't believe in God.
    True, but Google "black madonna" which emphasises your point.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53491223

As usual, didn't take Grist's old mates the lawyers long to get their snouts in on the picture. Still no mention of what a t.eenager was doing out at 2 am in the morning in an area that was widely publicised as being a lawless zone. Nor a peep from the spineless city councilors (not including the Mayor) who'd instigated the problem in the first case by demanding that police could not use CS gas and other methods to control the so called peaceful protesters.
    An update on this. The ****ager who was killed was shot by an 'acquaintance' (probably a euphemism for rival gang member) who he knew and had already had a fight with that had been live streamed on FB last year. Family have appeared on TV in tears. Still suing the city as it's obviously someone else's fault.

But I do believe in exstrestrial life,ET.
    So do I.

On another point, if I was a copper today I would have a body cam malfunction if the incident required it, and go back to good old day policing that got and deserved respect while keeping our streets safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So do I.

On another point, if I was a copper today I would have a body cam malfunction if the incident required it, and go back to good old day policing that got and deserved respect while keeping our streets safe.
    Brin, mate, we're screwed. It's over, done. The blacks and Muslims are untouchable and the only people round here the police dare arrest are middle-aged white folks. Brave New World.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So do I.

. Agree with the above.

. Agree with the above.

The police got involved with this AFTER THE EVENT did nothing before it

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...house-18738131

A party for Jamaican Independence Day

Tragic news. BBC 1Xtra DJ Sideman has quit with immediate effect. This talentless no-hoper who only got the job because he's black, joins a lengthening list of chip on the shoulder, don't dis me t*ssers and his action is supported by fellow black w*nkers, BBC Radio 1 DJ MistaJam and BBC 1Xtra DJ Dotty. They didn't like a report on a crime. Nearly 19000 sociology graduates and college heads piled in to demand an end to the BBC's "white supremacist stance". When asked what the BBC could do to rectify the situation a well-known black comedian said "They should pay us more." He has a valid point. Who cares if over-75s lose the free license when these guys need more money.

Council voted yesterday to start the police defunding. Chief today said FU and 'retired'. Good for her.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53742006
    Last edited by CAMiller; 12-08-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Council voted yesterday to start the police defunding. Chief today said FU and 'retired'. Good for her.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53742006
    Crazy, Im just glad I dont have the misfortune to live in parts of America it sounds worse than Bristol

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314