+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T When the police go away, crime goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I have changed my avatar to be more in keeping with the prevailing zeitgeist of MM showing as it does a yob whacking a copper round the head. What you don't see is the cheering audience of Left Liberal BLM supporters. How the heck we have a large prison population is beyond me. I was threatened by two Romanian (I think) peddlers who took a dim view of my not buying their overpriced tat. When they refused to leave my property and threatened both me and my wife I attempted to contact the police. An impossibilty. The online form for reporting crimes is also a joke as you need photographs, DNA and fingerprints of the perps before you can complete the damn thing. I am now an advocate of legal gun ownership.
    It's called "Anarcho-Tyranny", part of the Managerial State.

Laws that are supposed to protect ordinary citizens against ordinary criminals routinely go unenforced, even though the state is "perfectly capable" of doing so. While this problem rages on, government elites concentrate their interests on law-abiding citizens.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managerial_state
    Last edited by great_fire; 12-07-2020 at 10:06 AM.

I have changed my avatar to be more in keeping with the prevailing zeitgeist of MM showing as it does a yob whacking a copper round the head. What you don't see is the cheering audience of Left Liberal BLM supporters. How the heck we have a large prison population is beyond me. I was threatened by two Romanian (I think) peddlers who took a dim view of my not buying their overpriced tat. When they refused to leave my property and threatened both me and my wife I attempted to contact the police. An impossibilty. The online form for reporting crimes is also a joke as you need photographs, DNA and fingerprints of the perps before you can complete the damn thing. I am now an advocate of legal gun ownership.
    Re: prevailing zeitgeist on mm, I think it's about right that there are probably more who have expressed criticism of blm on this board than supporting it. There are clearly polemics leaning to the left and right on this board and both sides well represented. Don't pretend that there is a left wing majority on here. Far from it.

You recently again questioned my living reality! Nice one! I remember you doing this before Christmas and inviting you for a friendly beer with me and my old Brexity pal in Rotherham (you and him would get on well I think!) but you didn't get back to me. PM me if you want some evidence that me and my London life exists and you care that much. Not sure the meeting invite will stand bearing your new stance on gun control :-)

Also on that point.

"Private police force launches first-ever prosecutions against thieves"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...tions-against/

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Re: prevailing zeitgeist on mm, I think it's about right that there are probably more who have expressed criticism of blm on this board than supporting it. There are clearly polemics leaning to the left and right on this board and both sides well represented. Don't pretend that there is a left wing majority on here. Far from it.

You recently again questioned my living reality! Nice one! I remember you doing this before Christmas and inviting you for a friendly beer with me and my old Brexity pal in Rotherham (you and him would get on well I think!) but you didn't get back to me. PM me if you want some evidence that me and my London life exists and you care that much. Not sure the meeting invite will stand bearing your new stance on gun control :-)
    I'm baffled by this post. Firstly, I don't mention a left wing majority on MM. I consider myself very far to the left but I refuse to endorse identity politics, kiss the backsides of BAMES or trans***uals, or cheer assaults on the police, ambulance and fire brigade staff. Nor do I welcome 2000 so-called asylum seekers floating towards our shores. Yet more "rescued" today when the sensible option is to sink them on sight pour encourager les autres.
    Nor have I ever questioned your living reality. It's obvious to me you work in education in London and are a card carrying member of Momentum. All I question is how you always seem to have some students or staff members who have suffered police violence, racism, transphobia, slavery and Uncle Tom Cobley.

Finally, I have no recollection of any invite and as I live 150 miles from Rotherham it's not surprising I didn't meet up for a pint. I don't agree with Brexit, have opposed it from the beginning and raged at the pathetic neutral stance of Corbyn and his cronies.

BTW, my stance on gun control is not new. I have always favoured an armed citizenry.

So presumably when they allegedly threatened you, had you had a gun you would have shot them?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So presumably when they allegedly threatened you, had you had a gun you would have shot them?
    I do have a gun and I have a permit for it.

I do have a gun and I have a permit for it.
    Intrigued to know how the gun would come in use in the situation you decribed above ( the callers to your house).

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Intrigued to know how the gun would come in use in the situation you decribed above ( the callers to your house).
    My dear WanChai, good to hear from you. We seem, however, at cross purposes. I did not mention my gun at all in the context of the incident. I only mentioned it to highlight the fallacy of Exile's argument. I have a gun but it never crossed my mind to produce it, let alone use it, during an incident which I considered annoying but not dangerous. The two peddlers did threaten but I've been threatened many, many times and I can't think of an instance where I felt my life in danger.
    The point about advocacy of legal gun ownership was I thought very clearly a reaction to what is an ongoing problem: the withdrawal of the police from the protection of the ordinary citizen. It can only get worse.

Ok then two questions

Are there parts of Rotherham you wouldnt go to after dark?

If you were on BLM rally and a far right group turned up to give you a good kicking, would you expect the police to protect you?

I'm baffled by this post. Firstly, I don't mention a left wing majority on MM. I consider myself very far to the left but I refuse to endorse identity politics, kiss the backsides of BAMES or trans***uals, or cheer assaults on the police, ambulance and fire brigade staff. Nor do I welcome 2000 so-called asylum seekers floating towards our shores. Yet more "rescued" today when the sensible option is to sink them on sight pour encourager les autres.
    Nor have I ever questioned your living reality. It's obvious to me you work in education in London and are a card carrying member of Momentum. All I question is how you always seem to have some students or staff members who have suffered police violence, racism, transphobia, slavery and Uncle Tom Cobley.

Finally, I have no recollection of any invite and as I live 150 miles from Rotherham it's not surprising I didn't meet up for a pint. I don't agree with Brexit, have opposed it from the beginning and raged at the pathetic neutral stance of Corbyn and his cronies.

BTW, my stance on gun control is not new. I have always favoured an armed citizenry.
    You referred to a prevailing zeitgast on mm sympathising with BLM protests with your avator changed to reflect this zeitgast. Care to elaborate what else you meant if not that this blm sympathy was a majority view? Not that it really matters obviously, but it's been referred to by a few posters on here about a 'left wing gang"oblivious to the number of people with completely opposite views to this' gang' being more in number on here and with some quite extreme views amongst them.

Not ever questioned my living reality? Only 4 days ago on the 'Nelson' thread you said in relation to me:

"Fourth rule: always refer to personal experience, ie, as raging often says; "I believed you had a point BUT then I went into a classroom/staffroom/closet (doesn't matter which as it's all a lie anyway) and several Muslim/Chinese/Black/Transgender/Lesbian/Gay/persons of Colour (doesn't matter as they don't exist)"

Sounds a tad cynical old fruit but rather odd you seem to have forgotten it! I think you'd love my mate. I say 'brexity' as shorthand, but he'd certainly go along with your views on dealing with illegal immigrants 🙂

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast