+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T When the police go away, crime goes away.

O/T When the police go away, crime goes away.

Looks like it's time for me to make a move as the Seattle City Council are 5-2 in favour of defunding the police by 50%. It's bad enough downtown with police so heaven knows what it will be like without them and I'm not sure I want to find out if/when I finally have to return to the office.

According to the BLM protesters, "When the police go away, crime goes away". Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Looks like it's time for me to make a move as the Seattle City Council are 5-2 in favour of defunding the police by 50%. It's bad enough downtown with police so heaven knows what it will be like without them and I'm not sure I want to find out if/when I finally have to return to the office.

According to the BLM protesters, "When the police go away, crime goes away". Do you agree?
    Get back over the pond, you know it makes sense. Anyway our NHS is free and now you’re approaching the big 60 you might need it more.

Thing is with all your wealth I’m not sure there’s any mansions in Rawmarsh that may be to your taste

As for, ‘when the police go away...’ it means more shops will be looted. Who’d want to be a cop under those circumstances?

My good mate's lad who's in his early 20's has just relocated to his company's Seattle office. You don't recommend the place then CA? Meanwhile, our 22 year old is on her way to work in LA as we speak (well sort of, on a 6000 mile road trip, but getting there eventually).Any thoughts on working in downtown LA? She'll be living in Santa Monica, any thoughts about there also?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    My good mate's lad who's in his early 20's has just relocated to his company's Seattle office. You don't recommend the place then CA? Meanwhile, our 22 year old is on her way to work in LA as we speak (well sort of, on a 6000 mile road trip, but getting there eventually).Any thoughts on working in downtown LA? She'll be living in Santa Monica, any thoughts about there also?
    Sota - Seattle is OK for working but I wouldn't want to live in the city although it's probably better for the younger folk for night life. We live 20 miles away well out in the countryside and I haven't been into work for 4 months. It did look like a war zone after the protests about a month back. As for downtown LA I've never been. Santa Monica is a nice beach town but a bit pricey. I was interviewed for a job there and although I didn't get it I'm not sure we could have lived there as a family on the $150K+ they were offering, and that was in 2003!

Brin - does Rawmarsh still have a Lord of the Manor? I think that would suit me

Cheers CA. My geography of the area is not too good, I need to swot up. I've been to San Fran but it was a flying visit to see my mate in a gig at Oakland, so didn't see much. Mrs Sota has been to Sacramento a few times on business and loves it there.

I think we'll give it a year or two before deciding whether to follow our daughter over there, and seeing as our other daughter is in Jax Fl, it wouldn't really be fair to her. As it is, we love living where we are now, though it seems to be very different to the west coast. Having said that, CT's neck of the woods looks fabulous. Thanks for replying.

There’s talk of trying to defund the police here, I don’t think we have enough police tbh
    Even though I’ve not been impressed at times I don’t think they’re that bad but there’s always going to be a few that get a bad name and rightly so in some cases.

Yes I blame the American

It’s amazing what the police get the blame for.
    Kids with no respect people looting generally people breaking the law and moan when they get caught.
    I don’t do any of the above it’s got nothing to do with the police but parenting. I was brought up to know what is wrong.
    Guess what my children are the same as me funny that.

The crime doesn't go away apart from the crimes commited by the police themselves. The reporting of crime goes down because there's no one to report it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    It’s amazing what the police get the blame for.
    Kids with no respect people looting generally people breaking the law and moan when they get caught.
    I don’t do any of the above it’s got nothing to do with the police but parenting. I was brought up to know what is wrong.
    Guess what my children are the same as me funny that.
    Kids are no longer afraid of the police or the punishment that breaking the law brings. Being naughty was knocking on a door and running off but today it's smacking someone and filming it!

To bring it back to football

Could we play games without refs and linesmen?

Would the players play fair and not cheat?

Of course not, no police means more crime.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast