+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: R i p jack charlton

R i p jack charlton

Another one of our World Cup Winners gone,
    I had the pleasure of his company a few times , Red Lion , Keresforth Hall and Worsborough M W , a really likeable down to earth bloke , and a proper no nonsense Centre Half , God Bless Him

Proper old school footballer and gentleman. RIP.

RIP Jack .

1966 world cup winner and another one departed from the Leeds United family alongside Norman Hunter and Trevor Cherry .

Different breed the likes of Jack , did his talking and sorting on the field unlike the players of today with social media .

Respect to you sir and thanks for the memories .

https://youtu.be/IezBSpAUj00

Sad news - RIP Jack

It's often overlooked his achievements managing Eire. Took them to Euro 88 and beat England in the group stages. Then in 1990 his side reached the world cup 1/4 finals and they also qualified for the 1994 world cup in America. I remember them beating Italy in the first game in New York.

Old school and his long ball tactics as a manager served him well although they did become out dated by the mid 90s. Tha can't tek away what he achieved in the game though.

He said he loved living in our town. A remember seeing him in Red Lion but I were only a nipper. Sad day RIP

Was a tribute to him this morning on Good Morning Britain
    Jacks granddaughter & Mick McCarthy were both brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDb0BgyNfp8