+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: R.I.P. Jack Charlton

R.I.P. Jack Charlton

A member of the World Cup winning side and a great defender.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A member of the World Cup winning side and a great defender.
    R.I.P. Big Jack, loyal to Leeds Utd

I don't wish death upon anyone, but I don't feel the same way towards Jack Charlton as I would towards any of the other world cup winning players when they have died.
    I didn't appreciate it weeing him celebrate goals against England when he was ROI manager, maybe I'm too English and can't understand anyone managing another Country than that of their birth (for him it certainly wasn't about the money)
    Also being a member of that Leeds team (as good as they were) he will always be tainted with corruption as with the others long term players and manager (apart from Gary Sprake, who admitted they fixed games)

Quote Originally Posted by lescand View Post
    I don't wish death upon anyone, but I don't feel the same way towards Jack Charlton as I would towards any of the other world cup winning players when they have died.
    I didn't appreciate it weeing him celebrate goals against England when he was ROI manager, maybe I'm too English and can't understand anyone managing another Country than that of their birth (for him it certainly wasn't about the money)
    Also being a member of that Leeds team (as good as they were) he will always be tainted with corruption as with the others long term players and manager (apart from Gary Sprake, who admitted they fixed games)
    geezers just passed away, show some respect regardless of what your personal issues are.

First and foremost he was an England World Cup Winner, and there aren't too many of them! Therefore, Big Jack should be given the respect he deserves and sympathy goes to his family. RIP Jack.

As a manager I always found him to be worth listening to.

It is true that he played for Leeds at a time when they were hated throughout the land for their dirty on-field tactics. They did also play some great football but didn't win as many trophies as some people seem to think.

Before my time but i know the history so i will just say rest in piece big man

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Before my time but i know the history so i will just say rest in piece big man
    One of the eight that helped West Ham win the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Nice that you acknowledge West Ham won the world cup and not Millwall

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Merci Monsieur lion