+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norwich Relegated, Hopefully they'll not come a knocking

Norwich Relegated, Hopefully they'll not come a knocking

Warney would find it difficult to say no if they did

Football's a funny old game as they say, but, I'd be very surprised if Norwich saw Paul Warne as the man to guide them back to the Premiership.

I think it is one job he would consider but he would take too long to turn the club round for the fans. Remember Warne only likes good guys for a start how many players would he have to turf out for a start to keep the good guys. He may very well upset fans by getting rid of some some good players who are baddies by doing that. There are also a lot of players who wouldn't immediately buy into his green tea image and may very well object to his training methods. Warne would need only be acceptable to a club who were willing to wait a few years to be developed. If they were then we could be concerned about him moving.But how many big clubs nowadays are willing to wait a few years for success?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think it is one job he would consider but he would take too long to turn the club round for the fans. Remember Warne only likes good guys for a start how many players would he have to turf out for a start to keep the good guys. He may very well upset fans by getting rid of some some good players who are baddies by doing that. There are also a lot of players who wouldn't immediately buy into his green tea image and may very well object to his training methods. Warne would need only be acceptable to a club who were willing to wait a few years to be developed. If they were then we could be concerned about him moving.But how many big clubs nowadays are willing to wait a few years for success?
    Pretty much nailed it Roly.

Don't think warniola is going anywhere soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Pretty much nailed it Roly.
    Quite - even with parachute payments they'll want an immediate return to the top flight

I like Paul Warne, he’s difficult not to like.

However he’s no way near the finished article in management but month by month he’s getting better.

His “level” at the moment is exactly where we are, manager of a bottom third Championship team.

Plus he might struggle given a bigger budget for players, not all managers can successfully do that without buying expensive lemons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I like Paul Warne, he’s difficult not to like.
    It’s easy if your name is Gru.

Isn’t it Gru that knows all about minions?

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Warney would find it difficult to say no if they did
    Didn't Farke just sign a contract extension a couple of months ago even when it looked like they were on the way down? Can't see why they would have offered him that just to get rid when the inevitable happened.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast