+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 3 and a half wins needed

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    It might work for us Win - piles the pressure on those above us and keeps us focused, a draw between Watford & West Ham is worse outcome than a win for either.

Can we beat Everton? Yes we can - but will we beat them is an entirely different matter!
    Good points Westy. Tactics, skill and Lady Luck aside, I suspect a lot of it will come down to which teams holds their nerve the best - some thrive on pressure, others crumple. As Smith says, a lot of the team have been through the pressure of coming out of the Championship - we need to tap into that lionhearted resolve and team spirit again. It's going to be tough, but not impossible, and as Dave said, we need to win this match more than Everton. I just want to give it their all, whatever happens. Heads held high ... I'll be doing my bit by cheering them on from behind the sofa

Its the Big one, All depends on if Everton can be bothered and which villa team turn up. Jack, if ever there was a game you need to lead from, its this one!
    Come on boys, believe you can do it.

No complacency now AVFC, 95 minutes of concentration, effort and supporting your teammates - turn that corner!

Well that’s that then.. back to championship as can’t see us beating arsenal, we’re capable of playing well like we did against Everton but we’re just poor in front of goal and powder puff imo..

Very true Dazzy, but you never know.

Eeek, where's my medication .

Well folks

That's Nostradamus’s half win boxed off !

Bongo could still be right, we just have to win the last 2 games!!
    Bongo, if you get this right, can you give me 6 lucky numbers for the lottery!

I'm all for giving players time to adjust. However, yesterday Samatta had one shot. It was off target. It means he has had 1 shot on target in 11 appearances... He's also lost possession 70 times in those games.

Our team going forward (down) without sales, other than Jack is:

Steer/Heaton (good)

Elmo (aged 106 years)
    Konsa
    Mings (probably be sold)
    Targett (he can cross a ball at least)

Luiz (if not sold)
    Nakamba (I like him)
    Hourihane
    El Ghazi (&#128580

Samatta/Davis
    Wesley

Looks very powder puff. We should go for Dwight Gayle for experience and gile.

Im not sure any of these guys could hack it in the championship! Maybe Konsa?

Luiz is as good as gone and anyone with Name will go, the vultures are circling!
    Mings, McGinn, Jack, Luiz

One thing the silence has told me is that, Smith will be there next term.🤨

DS was too successful for his own good and got us to the prem when we weren’t ready. That said, a tendency to panic at the back (his fault) and lack of a striker that can put the ball in the net (possibly not his fault), I think the last few games have proved we can compete with the likes of Everton and Palace. We go down with a much better situation than last time and the glass half full in me is looking forward to next season. I’ll follow them wherever we are.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)