+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantastic

Dyche IS the best manager in the Premier League forget PEP & Klopp etc. Look at the resources he has got to deal with? He gets the best out of what he has; e.g Kevin Long looking very good as a Premier defender. What does the board and supporters want from a small town team in the North?? We are as successful as we can be given football economics, which are crazy in any event. LISTEN IDIOTS ON THE BOARD "BACK HIM"!!!!!!! HE JUST EARNED US ANOTHER 100 MILLION PLUS. As for style, yes its not pretty but it gets results and points. What happened when Stoke decided they were Real Madrid and Pulis disappeared. I hated watching them etc but Stoke were an established top tier club; Now not so much!! We can only really go backwards,so we need to be very careful and run the club the Dyche way until he leaves or totally loses the plot. Just saying that's all.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 12-07-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Do you know Deadly I actually enjoy watching a team that can defend? They watch the ebbs and flows of the game, stamp out crosses, double up on tricky buggers, block and tackle, head out and relieve the pressure and then WHAM a goal comes our way.

We have been doing this for seven years now, believe me it is no fluke!

BT --I am with you on this. Everybody in the team works so hard to stop our opponents scoring and it is an art form in itself.
    We have conceded 47 goals in 35 matches and, of those, 26 have been conceded against the current top 6 teams in 11 matches and, even so, we have picked up 8 points in those matches.
    That means that in 24 games we have conceded just 21 goals and picked up 42 points in the process.
    Truly we are a team and every player is a cog in the system and, has has been seen in recent matches, we have players who readily fit into the machine when a cog is broken!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    On top of that they didn't even know which Sheffield club Jack Charlton was manager of, but Jack was a northern lad and Sheffield's oop north, so I suppose they wouldn't know would they.
    Aye Sinkov, simply not good enough is it, I thought they would have apologised somewhere in the programe, but I forgot that the BBC dont like apologising and MOTD with all the bollox they come out with instead of showing more actual game time, but again I was giving them far too much common sense which they don't deserve.

I stand corrected, apparently Licker did apologise so I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I stand corrected, apparently Licker did apologise so I am told.
    Aye, to be fair to the tw@t he did, but it should never have happened in the first place, just shoddy journalism from the BBC, again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)